Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VOR_Active

EHAM's SID question

Hello,

in the second tutorial on the page where it is describing how speed restrictions can be entered in the FMC, it shows that a restriction of 220 knots, taken from EHAM's LUNIX 1S SID, is only at the EH008. Why only on that fix? As I read this specific SID, to my understanding, this speed restriction is also on EH001 and EH026.

Thank you for your help

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It's one of the latest charts and all speed restrictions are shown here.

But this is my question. Why in the Tutorial the speed restriction is only on the EH008 and not also on the EH005 and EH026.

Becouse at EH005 this restriction will be taken into account automatically. And at EH026 you have just 250/10000 restriction, but not 220kt.

when you restrict 008 @ 220, you restricted part of route before 008 too. There is maybe 5nm distance between rwy and 008, no really need for another restriction entry, its obvious (turn is restricted on the chart).

I think FMC do that automatically for you.

I do not see why would you apply 220kt restriction @ 026?

EDIT: I think you should read textual description of RNAV LUNIX 1S SID, you can see that only after 008 there is "(K220-)" part. I always thought text descriptions is nice feature of these charts.