Sign in to follow this  
flyerkg

Piper PA4600TP Meridian Released by WSSIMULATION

I just came across this announcement and found available on http://www.wssimulation.com

It's been a long time since the Meridian has been modeled. The details look nice and if you like G1000 displays you might try this one.

A reduced price is available until 31 May.

Keith Guillory

Thanks. I'll check it out.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

It looks like they added the G1000 gauge from default C172....

And the rest doesn't look so hot... but I don't own it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

And the rest doesn't look so hot... but I don't own it.

snap review--ouch.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Here's something to think about. I placed the order. Paid for the order and I have no link to download. NOT an auspicious start.

snap review--ouch.

Screenshots can say a lot... (or a little)...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The download link is a bit tricky. I went back to my account login at WSSimulation and looked inside the order history and found a link to download the product.This produces an HTML which includes the registration key or product code and simultaneously opens the download. You might have to allow pop-ups in your browser when prompted.

I don't really like this modality and will resort to boxed products whenever available.

Keith Guillory

Its funny.. how this looks like the cockpit of quite a few aircraft.. these Garmin glass cockpits really are taking the individuality away from cockpits... I hope that they come up with more unique navigation glass in the future..as a whole.

When I saw this post.. I was expecting the avidyne like the flight 1 meridian.. which still looks lightyears ahead of this model cockpit.. boy do I wish that worked in FSX x64.

Just my 2 cents.. this aircraft looks quite "generic"...for my tastes.

I have to agree with the suspicions that this looks like the G1000 glass from fs..

Screenshots can say a lot... (or a little)...

Yep I agree. You must have detailed shots, If not, I won't even consider.

Bob

The download link is a bit tricky. I went back to my account login at WSSimulation and looked inside the order history and found a link to download the product.This produces an HTML which includes the registration key or product code and simultaneously opens the download. You might have to allow pop-ups in your browser when prompted.

I don't really like this modality and will resort to boxed products whenever available.

I went down the quick purchase route. Since I did not get the link I created the account, but there is NO order in the account right now. I'm sure I'll get it sooner or later, but for now your thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks.

Its funny.. how this looks like the cockpit of quite a few aircraft.. these Garmin glass cockpits really are taking the individuality away from cockpits... I hope that they come up with more unique navigation glass in the future..as a whole.

When I saw this post.. I was expecting the avidyne like the flight 1 meridian.. which still looks lightyears ahead of this model cockpit.. boy do I wish that worked in FSX x64.

Just my 2 cents.. this aircraft looks quite "generic"...for my tastes.

I have to agree with the suspicions that this looks like the G1000 glass from fs..

I couldn't agree more. I still prefer the old style instrumentation. This might be one of my favorite GA planes, but I probably won't spend much time with this model.

Keith Guillory

I couldn't agree more. I still prefer the old style instrumentation. This might be one of my favorite GA planes, but I probably won't spend much time with this model.

Looking at the companies other offerings on the various Sim Stores tells me that it is a slightly modified version of the G1000 glass.

I loved the meridian with the Avidyne from flight1 so much it was the first and only GA plane that I took on a 4 1/2 hour nonstop flight.. lol :) I'm a short hop person.. with hardly any time for the likes of a flight that lasts more than 1/2 an hour.

Regarding the glass in this offering and a few others now..... one glass cockpit looks like another to me.. quality aside.. this cockpit has the same "glass" look as the Cessna Mustang. Dont get me wrong.. the F1 Cessna Mustang is leagues ahead and a LOT more money.. its the cockpit look I'm referring to.. three computer screens with same look and functionality.. I hope you understand what I mean..

Soon planes will just be one "computer screen" with touch controls... and will have lost all sense of character, at least on the inside.

I got the link as I expected.

I got the link as I expected.

It's 10:45 over there now so by midnight we should see a mini-review :Nerd:

Bob

It's 10:45 over there now so by midnight we should see a mini-review :Nerd:

Bob

1st impressions: NOT good. The VC quality is not very good, the exterior is ok, and flies like any other default. I got what I paid for.

Keep in mind I fly Baytower's RV7, Carenado's 337, Realair Duke, F1 Mustang, 737NGX, the L-39, and VRS F18. So I'm comparing it to the best aircrafts ever created for FSX.