Sign in to follow this  
SASTeamDelta

Denver Stapleton?

Hello AVSIM- This is my first ever post here

I was wondering, if anyone knows a good scenery of Denver Stapleton? (cause i want to recreate UA585)

I dont find the airport in FS2004, neither in FSX

anyone knows a good scnery for it?

thanks!

I was wondering, if anyone knows a good scenery of Denver Stapleton? (cause i want to recreate UA585)

thanks!

Welcome to AVSIM.

I think you can find what you are looking for here:

http://www.calclassic.com/scenery.htm

Down the page a little way and be mindful of any scenery libraries needed.

Best regards,

Mel

thanks!

Hi

As you seem new to this game I just thought that I would let you know that a great resource to find a huge number of scenery addons worldwide for FS9 is http://www.freewarescenery.com/fs2004.html . They do not however include Denver Stapleton!!

Bill

The detailed scenery I have at CalClassic is for 1959, probably too early for your taste. There is a later scenery listed there, but is very old and crude. I don't know of another one although I have heard of one in the works, but it is probably a long ways off.

Hope this helps,

Theres the one I use. you have to download it from flightSim.com, And get Lee Bromton updated afcad. You should be good to go

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

stapleton.zip here in the fs9 scenery library or stapleto.zip on flightsim.com appear to be the same. The author notes runways only in late 1990s and it consists on on AF2_, exclude, and stapleton bgl files.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stapleton_International_Airport has several images from different eras but you are probably looking at UA 585 which which crashed on 3MAR1991 which crashed on final so at least for runways you should be all set.

There are no navaids (ILS, etc.) in this scenery but if you find data you can create those easily. I imported the stapleton.bgl into an ADE project along with the AF2_ but a quick list didn't turn up navaids.

Maybe Tom Gibson might have some info about navaids for you.

The only lee brompton afcad I found is for the current Denver KDEN.

OK guys, i used the CalClassic scenery by TGibson and the scenery suggested by bigmack and ronzie

Thanks alot!