So Apple have just announced their New MacBook Pros with IvyBridge processors:

http://www.thetechn.com/2012/06/11/apple-new-macbook-pros-with-retina-display/

How do you think they would handle FSX? I know they are expensive, but would you get good performance? I don't really know how good the GT 650M actually is, so I'm not really able to make a rough guess.

2880x1800 in 15''? I can't picture that

Anyway, it's a very nice mid-range GPU for a laptop. Should run FSX no problem at 1980x1080... and probably even at 2880x1800 with moderate AA (assuming you can see anything)

The CPU is just about the fastest available for a laptop

2880x1800 in 15''?

:shok: You won't even need AA. The resolution will be so crisp you will hardly be able to see individual pixels.

The resolution will be so crisp

And small. I have problems reading some texts when I push my monitor 1m away on 27inches and 2560pixels. You can scale fonts etc, but still panel buttons would be very very small.

And small. I have problems reading some texts when I push my monitor 1m away on 27inches and 2560pixels. You can scale fonts etc, but still panel buttons would be very very small.

I never even thought about that. I wonder how we will adjust because 4K displays will be mainstream over the next few years...

I don't imagine FSX would run terribly well on the GPU they've included with the new MBP, especially since you'll have to run Boot Camp to run Win 7 and you're still reliant upon Apple's drivers which are always out of date and never optimized for gaming performance. Nice screen though. I was surprised when I swapped my 1080P 27" Samsung out for the 1440P monitor(s) I have now. Aliasing is virtually non-existent even with just the basic MSAA applied by the graphics settings in FSX.

FSX would run fine on it, although not great. But the BIG BIG disadvantage of Apple is that those guys charge SO MUCH money for their products, it's unreal. That's why I hate Apple. Good products, but WAY too expensive. My father payed 1250 euros for a MacBook Pro that won't even run a simple game like Sims 3 (that my little sister plays), while my uncles 500 euro Asus laptop even runs Battlefield 3 at medium settings.

Or just another example. My Samsung Galaxy SII does more than my sisters iPhone 4, but mine 200 euros cheaper.

Stay away from Apple, unless you wanna be walking around with a lightweight wallet. Just my opinion lol. :smile:

If you really want a laptop for FSX, I recommend Asus, MSI, Dell. Better value for the money.

But the best choice is always a desktop PC. The best value for the price AND the best performance.

Hope this helps. :)

Stay away from Apple, unless you wanna be walking around with a lightweight wallet. Just my opinion lol. :smile:

Ehh... With a person like me, it is impossible to keep my wallet nice and fat. :LMAO:

Although, I can't tell you how much I love my iPhone 4S. I used to have a Samsung Captivate and this thing blows it out of the water in everything...

Ehh... With a person like me, it is impossible to keep my wallet nice and fat. :LMAO:

Although, I can't tell you how much I love my iPhone 4S. I used to have a Samsung Captivate and this thing blows it out of the water in everything...

Yeah as I said, Apple's products are very good. But their products are very low value for the price. Just an example: A MacBook Pro costs 1250 euros, while an equivalent Windows 7 laptop from Asus, Dell or Acer only costs around 500 euros. If their products would cost less I might even consider buying one of them...

Apple is not about the hardware. If you don't know that, then you never owned an Apple and have no idea what Apple offers.

A MacBook Pro price is totally justified IMO. It's speed is lightyears ahead of PC and Windows, and the price you are paying is for the software side more than hardware. iOS is way faster than Windows is ever going to be, the sheer size of it and what's packed into it, and don't forget the looks and metal body. Show me the ASUS having the proprietary power cable with a magnet, which won't break? Show me a system in which everything just *works*? No tweaking or configuring? And a computer that turns on the instant you open it, like an iPad?

Do I own an Apple Computer? No... can't afford it. But if I could, I *definitely* would. But I do own an 4S and iPad2. I would yet never again change to anything else in mobile world.

2880x1800 in 15''? I can't picture that

Anyway, it's a very nice mid-range GPU for a laptop. Should run FSX no problem at 1980x1080... and probably even at 2880x1800 with moderate AA (assuming you can see anything)

The CPU is just about the fastest available for a laptop

I just ordered one and maxed everything out during checkout. Could I change the resolution to an ideal amount in order to get full usage out of the 16 gb of RAM? Also, what games do you believe would be an impeccable showcase for the Retina Display?

Show me a system in which everything just *works*? No tweaking or configuring? And a computer that turns on the instant you open it, like an iPad?

Apple is miles ahead of everyone else for this exact reason. No tweaking, no headache, no nonsense.

Yes, and beside that has a standby time of couple of weeks. Something you will never see with an Asus or any other laptop for that matter.

Could I change the resolution to an ideal amount in order to get full usage out of the 16 gb of RAM?

FSX is a 32bit application so there's no way it can use more than 4GB of RAM

Also, what games do you believe would be an impeccable showcase for the Retina Display?

Sorry, no idea, I'm FSX only. That's a massive resolution for a 15'' screen, I don't even think the gauges in FSX will be readable

I don't even think the gauges in FSX will be readable

Sure they are, you're probably gonna need a magnifying glass though Just%20Kidding.gif