Sign in to follow this  
t_a_h

Pretty nice CPU, but still FSX is a slideshow

very faszinating! Well, I aint got 400€ loos in my hand. But with about straight 60% all sliders to the right, I run FSX at EDDH with the latest Aerosoft Scenery of EDDH at the ground with about 15 to 20 FPS and when airborn, I fly with about 40 to 50 FPS with a FT A320.

That was just tested after updating drivers and throwing in some tweaks I found.

Flying FS9 is a pure joy with my rig. And for FS9 I got the most addons someone can get for money.

So, if I have the option to spent about 400€ sometime in the future, I will go for a i7 or whatever is up-to-date then. But for now I am quite happy with what I got. See, I aint have so much spare time to fly for hours and enjoying what I already got. So for 400€ I can buy things I have even more joy with and enjoying it together with my wife. Life has been different before 2009 when I married my wife... now we rather spending time together than that I am lost at my PC for hours.

But anyway, thanx for explaining to me why a Intel based setup may be better than AMD.

Your performance is quite on par with what you have in hardware, so nothing else should be expected. FT320 is quite lite on frames, 15-20fps at EDDH is quite OK, and that's it.

I fully understand when you say more with wife, less on the computer, in the future, you should consult us at hardware forums here to see what is best bang for the buck. Good luck!

If I would have the money and my wife would let me spent it, I would buy this:

Intel Core i7-2700K, 4x 3.50GHz, boxed

ASUS P8P67 B3 - P67 / DDR3

8GB G.Skill CL9 Ares PC3-12800U DIMM Kit

That'll cost today 483€!!

My Graphiccard I already got is ok and I see no reason for a better one, any one better is a real lot more exprensive!

But I know, when I start having fun with my FS, she wanna sit in the same room with me at her own PC gaming Diablo3 or alike. So, ah we would have to spent money for her new computer as well. That'll make it up to 1000€!!!

No, better we spent that money for a new couch and she dreams about a kindl and a vacation with me in scotland or ireland...

Let's not discuss hypothetical :smile:

And go spend that vacation with her and have fun!

My Graphiccard I already got is ok and I see no reason for a better one, any one better is a real lot more exprensive!

If you want to run any kind of decent AA levels, in Nvidia Inspector, I'd strongly recommend upgrading the GPU to something a bit more powerful.

I guess our Ben-youngster doesn't yet fully understand the meaning of a term wife. :smile:

If I would have the money and my wife would let me spent it, I would buy this:

Intel Core i7-2700K, 4x 3.50GHz, boxed

ASUS P8P67 B3 - P67 / DDR3

8GB G.Skill CL9 Ares PC3-12800U DIMM Kit

That'll cost today 483€!!

But I know, when I start having fun with my FS, she wanna sit in the same room with me at her own PC gaming Diablo3 or alike. So, ah we would have to spent money for her new computer as well. That'll make it up to 1000€!!!

No, better we spent that money for a new couch and she dreams about a kindl and a vacation with me in scotland or ireland...

i5 2500K..................................................................199€

GA-Z68AP-D3.......................................................... 89€

8GB GeIL EVO Corsa CL9........................................76€

Total = 364€

That's the best bang for the buck, you can keep your GTS450 and run the same moderate antialiasing you run now, 8xS should be no problem

I hate to say this, but it's true Intel despite its hi-price, will boost fsx more than AMD. I own 965 BE and it struggles for fsx. Luckily, my main sim is still FS9.

FSX is like 6 year old software however not all the latest hardware can run it well, even if you own the latest gen of intel processor(s), you need to overclock it to get the smoothest result. Is FSX too advance, or it wasn't properly coded..

I haven't seen any happy fsx simmers here without their overclocked i5 or i7. While someone comes up with questions or thoughts about AMD, those intel fanboyish will take defensive position and aggressively shoot all that AMD users, survivals will be shot too.

Dazz, I noticed you since January 2012 when you replied to a thread about AMD, and also your conversation with Ben Cap and JSkorna. Seemed that you always fire up Intel AMD debates, even until now? seriously?

I hate to say this, but it's true Intel despite its hi-price, will boost fsx more than AMD. I own 965 BE and it struggles for fsx. Luckily, my main sim is still FS9.

FSX is like 6 year old software however not all the latest hardware can run it well, even if you own the latest gen of intel processor(s), you need to overclock it to get the smoothest result. Is FSX too advance, or it wasn't properly coded..

I haven't seen any happy fsx simmers here without their overclocked i5 or i7. While someone comes up with questions or thoughts about AMD, those intel fanboyish will take defensive position and aggressively shoot all that AMD users, survivals will be shot too.

Dazz, I noticed you since January 2012 when you replied to a thread about AMD, and also your conversation with Ben Cap and JSkorna. Seemed that you always fire up Intel AMD debates, even until now? seriously?

To be honest, you're the one coming across as "fanboyish" - to buy AMD architecture now I think you have to be. I, like most people I imagine, just want to buy the best hardware for the price range; given that the SB CPUs aren't THAT much more expensive than AMD processors, not enough to warrant them unnecessary expenditure, it's quite clearly going to be an Intel CPU. Dazz was just clearing up a misconception made by the OP, not trying to start an Intel v AMD debate - all you have to do is look at reviews comparing the latest Intel and AMD architecture to realise there's not much to debate.

8xS should be no problem

The 450 can't take ANYTHING when it comes to AA. Just stick with the default FSX AA and save yourself a headache.

The 450 can't take ANYTHING when it comes to AA. Just stick with the default FSX AA and save yourself a headache.

Thanks for the heads up Ben, I would have said a 450 can do 8xS.

To be honest, you're the one coming across as "fanboyish" - to buy AMD architecture now I think you have to be.

Amd made their 965be compatible with their older Am2 slot, so all it cost me was 100€ to buy the 965be and I have a system that can run just about everything in fsx at a satisfactory level .

For me that is not a "fanboyish" choice but a smart one!;-)

David DD

There is nothing smart in throwing money away on something that doesn't run fsx optimally. Smart would have been saving the money for a decent upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD