Sign in to follow this  
737lennert800

EHSI and FMC

Being fairly new to this aircraft, I was wondering if there is some possibility of stepping trough the waypoints on the EHSI (enterd in the fmc)?

Regards,

Lennert

I don't think there is. Keep in mind that this is not a really sophisticated plane. It's rudimentary compared to modern aircraft.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

G'day Lennert.

You can use the "range" buttons on the non-functional "WX-Radar" bezel to zoom the EHSI out so that you can "see" the waypoints you programmed into the FMS, upto the max zoom distance of the EHSI.

-- See page 85 of the "PMDG_J41_PILOT_TUTORIAL.PDF".

Is that any good to you?

I was wondering if there is some possibility of stepping trough the waypoints on the EHSI

Unfortunately no. This is Bendix/King FMC invented few years ago. My way of confirming the correct FP is double checking GPS coordinates from J41 with the printed copy of my plan.

The closest solution to Your request would be Peter's advice.

Being fairly new to this aircraft, I was wondering if there is some possibility of stepping trough the waypoints on the EHSI (enterd in the fmc)?

Regards,

Lennert

I wondered the same thing for awhile (as being used to the B744 and the MD-11), but like Bart said... unfortunately no. It certainly would be nice if there was that feature, because sometimes I get mixed up in all the STAR and SID procedures lol