Sign in to follow this  
atkin

Axis not working on Joystick

Hi,

I got a real perplexing problem with the axis on FS 2004.This has nver happened before.

The flight yoke shows up in FS and can be calibrated .The buttons work but not the x,y and slider axis.

I have reinstalled the game used a different joystick pressed ctrl+shift to re- write the cfg file.

The flight yoke works in Fly and X plane .I have reinstalled the USB drivers and flight yoke drivers.

My joystick is a Sidewinder that uses the com port but its still not working.

I have 2 back up hard drives with FS installed .I booted these and get same result.

The FS. cfg file looks like this

[JOYSTICK_MAIN {55CAA1E0-5037-11DE-8001-444553540000}]

AXIS_EVENT_00=AXIS_ELEVATOR_SET

AXIS_SCALE_00=64

AXIS_NULL_00=36

AXIS_EVENT_01=AXIS_AILERONS_SET

AXIS_SCALE_01=64

AXIS_NULL_01=36

AXIS_EVENT_06=AXIS_THROTTLE_SET

AXIS_SCALE_06=127

AXIS_NULL_06=1

[JOYSTICK_SLEW {55CAA1E0-5037-11DE-8001-444553540000}]

AXIS_EVENT_00=AXIS_SLEW_SIDEWAYS_SET

AXIS_SCALE_00=64

AXIS_NULL_00=36

AXIS_EVENT_01=AXIS_SLEW_AHEAD_SET

AXIS_SCALE_01=64

AXIS_NULL_01=36

I have genuine FS9 disks .I tried to register again but the web site no longer exists.

I begin to wonder is this Microsoft piracy prevention.

My system is XP updated SP2,3 and I have an Nvidia Gforce card.

Direct x 10c tested and says no problems.

Any help appreciated had the game for 8 years now.

Atkin.

Are you using the joystick manufacturer's drivers or going straight to Win. The calibration is a Windows function under gaming options. Do all axis correctly work there?

Are you using FSUIPC (must be paid registration) mapping functions?

In FS assignments and sensitivities be sure roll/rudder and pitch have the center option set. Throttle should not have the center option check.

Generally only a small amount of null should be set in FS. Too much null increases sensitivity too much.

You do not need to reinstall FS to get fs9.cfg back to defaults. rename FS9.cfg to FS9.hld so you can copy some of your settings back. When you start FS it will rebuild a default FS9.cfg..

Some joystick manufacturer's drivers have virtual mapping profiles that swap everything around. In an early version of X-Plane I had to use that to get a separate throttle working as X-Plane only at the time allowed two controllers and I had three (stick, throttle, peds). I had mapped the three devices to two virtual controllers so be careful of that.

In FS bring up spot view with a simple default aircraft that does not require hydraulics, pneumatics, or electricity for control surface movement. Observe your aircraft and exercise the controls. AP should be disengaged. just want to check it is not an aircraft system model problem.

If you don't have pedals or a twist joystick be sure in FS auto-rudder is checked so rudder is tied to ailerons (roll control).

Hi,

Thanks for the replies .Problem solved.

The FSUIPC was version 3.9.9.1. I downloaded the latest version 3.9.9.9 and it works fine unregistered.

I am sure there must be others with this problem.

I wonder will registration be mandatory in the future ??

Thanks,

A payware developer can build a restricted license into an application for the FSUIPC features it wants to use. The costs are then assumed to be included in the application.

A freeware developer can apply for a free similar license.

If a user wants all of the features beyond what an application license offers, and there are many not used by a developer, then the user paid registration is offered.

History:

FSUIPC was freeware and developers were also allowed to take advantage of it at no cost up through FS8. When FS9 was released Pete Dowson requested donations but did not receive enough. He lost his "day job" and had to retreat into a limited pension and because payware developers were taking advantage of it he decided to treat it as a commercial application to provide some income and also to cover expenses involved.

FSUIPC is constantly improved with attention paid to developer and user requests and also in his own use coming up with new features and also noting work arounds for FS problems itself. A good example is the wind smoothing option that gets around the extreme direction wind changes FS experiences frequently when using real world weather and crossing weather reporting area boundaries.

The manual explains options unique to user paid registration.