Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

palala

Tail lighting and new airports

Is there a switch somewhere to light the tail during night flying? not found one no matter how much reading I have done.

second question:

there is a new airport in Durban South Africa (FALE) which is now on the fms and the old airport (FADN) no longer appears. Is there a way to add this airport to FSX?

appreciate your input.

cheers

Mel

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Is there a switch somewhere to light the tail during night flying?

Look on the overhead lighting panel. Flip one of those switches that is a three position switch down. I think it's the one that controls the anti-collision lights.

Is there a way to add this airport to FSX?

I don't know. If the new airport is not in FSX, then go back to a previous version of the navigation database,

To control the tail flood light use the NAV LIGHTS switch on the overhead, it is a three position switch.

Press the top "NAV ON" to get the navigation lights ON

Centre the switch for navigation lights and tail flood OFF

Press the bottom "NAV/TAIL FLOOD" to turn BOTH the navigation lights and tail flood light on.

Please note I think you need to right click the switch to get the bottom position.

As for adding airports to FSX, you need to find something called an "AFCAD" for the airport in question and then install this file to the correct location FSX. If you cannot find an AFCAD, I believe there are editors so you can make one yourself. I've little experience of tinkering with scenery so I can't give you any guidance beyond that.