Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RoboRay

Merrill Pass, Alaska - MS Flight

This is a repost from the Flight Forum, showing the visuals in Merrill Pass for MS Flight's Alaska DLC...

Mountain passes often serve as flight routes in Alaska, allowing you to stay low rather than climb up high above the mountains, into the clouds, and the icing, and the other muck. If you want to stay low, to see where you're going, and your route takes you across a mountain range, look for a pass.

I decided to fly west from Anchorage to Sparrevohn, via Merrill Pass, to find out out what that's like. Setting is Spring when the snow is beginning to melt, and in the morning, so I've got the sun at my back. Weather is Low & Threatening.

This is the route through the mountains, just about due west of Anchorage. You should fly right over Beluga airfield on the way to it.

1OAx6.jpg

I'm approaching the entrance to the network of valleys leading to the pass. The Chakachatna River river on the left flows out of it. Mount Spurr on the right reaches up to 11,000', but the top is lost in the clouds today.

bS5AA.jpg

Chakachamna Lake. Be sure to follow the map and count valleys you pass along the way. You don't want to take a wrong turn.

mr0EM.jpg

I think I'm supposed to go right, then left...

Wnqof.jpg

Yeah, that looks like it.

Y4Qjx.jpg

Left now?

3pf3Z.jpg

No, I'm turning up the wrong valley. I managed to get turned back around before running out of room.

TNgwt.jpg

Now I'm back on course.

8nNVI.jpg

Over the hump, and starting back down.

WoEbA.jpg

And I'm through! That's Two Lakes up ahead.

vK4eg.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi!

Beautiful pics. Many thanks. I am getting closer to trying Flight properly with every screenshot thread I see of Alaska!

Pierre

Very nice shots!!

Panel lighting and ambience is very impressive in "Flight"