Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm hoping to start my new build soon. I'm currently researching video cards and I am leaning toward the GTX560 Ti. Seems to be a solid card for the money. My question is what should I look for as there are so many different GTX560's. How many cores? Should I go with a 1 MB card or a 2 MB card? What card manufacturer should I avoid?

Todd

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Todd

First off only consider the GTX560TI the plain 560 is not as 'powerful'. If you have a large monitor or several choose a 2 GIGABYTE card, if you have a monitor 24" or smaller then the 1GB card is fine. I always choose the card on special, and there are some good factory o/c bargains out there at present. I don't think that the number of cores will affect FSX performance in single monitor mode.

Regards

pH

The EVGA GTX560ti would be a safe choice. These cards have proven to be a reliable and stable platform to use with mid-range FSX users.

Also, keep in mind that Nvidia will be relaxing the GTX 660 series GPUs soon. - If you are willing to wait, these are likely going to be a very nice upgrade as well.