Sign in to follow this  
Hindustan67

Warning to fellow flight simmers out there

Hi all,

have noticed recent downloads of Boeing 777-300 and 767 American Airlines livery for FS2004 as well as FS-X from simviation.com, graphics and panels are excellent photoreal quality, however once installed in a Windows 7 (64bit) machine (have not tried in other windows formats since unavailable to me) they do not like to leave the runway with my joystick pulled back all the way. So if y'all happen to come upon these machines, original Project Opensky Boeings, it's a waste of time and bandwith to download and install.

If any of you are paid members of simviation, please forward this to their moderators/webmaster as well so they can look into it further.

Thanks,

Flight Simulation Rules! As Real As It Gets

For us unlucky ones who can't do it for real.

Ex MSN Zone's F56HS_Diablo of the F56th Hurrican Squadron (CFS1) here :-)

Y'all do need to check against your MTOW, they tend to come a little heavy out of the box.

And check the trim settings.

Best regards from Colombia,

Luis Miguel.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I've never tried to fly a Posky 777, but I have found that many of their other aircraft needed a bit of judicious tweaking, the 767 series being among these. I know they claimed to have tried to effect a much more realistic flight model than, say, the MS stock aircraft, and perhaps indeed they did so. I am only an armchair pilot who's never been anywhere near the cockpit of a heavy jet in real life, so I have no way of knowing first-hand. Still, any time I install 3rd-party aircraft, whether freeware or payware, I usually do apply a few cautious tweaks to make them more enjoyable for me to fly.

Hi all,

have noticed recent downloads of Boeing 777-300 and 767 American Airlines livery for FS2004 as well as FS-X from simviation.com, graphics and panels are excellent photoreal quality, however once installed in a Windows 7 (64bit) machine (have not tried in other windows formats since unavailable to me) they do not like to leave the runway with my joystick pulled back all the way. So if y'all happen to come upon these machines, original Project Opensky Boeings, it's a waste of time and bandwith to download and install.

If any of you are paid members of simviation, please forward this to their moderators/webmaster as well so they can look into it further.

Thanks,

Flight Simulation Rules! As Real As It Gets

For us unlucky ones who can't do it for real.

Ex MSN Zone's F56HS_Diablo of the F56th Hurrican Squadron (CFS1) here :-)

As the other posts say, . . . the Posky - SkySpirit aircraft are fine. The FDE deisigners go by the 'numbers' and are not always very flyable as installed. However a little personal adjusting of the aircraft configuration file and some attention to passanger, cargo and fuel weight make them quite good for freeware. There is also the possiblilty that whom ever uploaded the file(s) had, with good intentions, already done some personal adjusting to suit ther own taste or sense of realism. At any rate if you would care to load up the 777 again, as a example, and check the Fule and Payload section on the GUI and you will see that the aircraft is way overloaded. To heavy to get off the ground in the sim or in real life!

I hope this helps you out and maybe encourages you to give the models another try.

Best regards,

Mel