Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Ayad

FBW on the 777

"CP" has an SO (Cruise Pilot) cadet program that I applied to. If you got minimum 1500TT, then Down to Adelaide for assesment, then Hong Kong for transition. Then into a Triple7 or 74 as a cruise pilot. They want a 6 year comitment. The HR interview was "very different" and a bit uncomfortable. Nevertheless, in one year, you can go from you CMEL with Instrument Rating into a "Transcontinental Airliner". Sure, your a Cruise Pilot, but I have heard they are buying planes like crazy and upgrade time to FO is short. Real question is... Do you wanna work for them for minimum 6 years.

"CP" has an SO (Cruise Pilot) cadet program that I applied to. If you got minimum 1500TT, then Down to Adelaide for assesment, then Hong Kong for transition. Then into a Triple7 or 74 as a cruise pilot. They want a 6 year comitment. The HR interview was "very different" and a bit uncomfortable. Nevertheless, in one year, you can go from you CMEL with Instrument Rating into a "Transcontinental Airliner". Sure, your a Cruise Pilot, but I have heard they are buying planes like crazy and upgrade time to FO is short. Real question is... Do you wanna work for them for minimum 6 years.

Contracts can be a double edge sword, it does usually mean job security for the contract period.

Contracts can be a double edge sword, it does usually mean job security for the contract period.

For those that don't know what a double edged sword it can be explained here

On the actual topic - we have essentially had "fly-by-wire" for a long time here (Vangelis calls what we do "fly by software" actually, but the principle is the same) - we don't use FSX's default control system, never have going back to even the original NG we made. Everything gets processed and modified in at least some way. (this is how the CWS and the speed trim on the NG works, it's how the LSAS on the MD-11 works etc) The protections the 777 has are easily doable within the system we've developed over the years.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com