Sign in to follow this  
trooper182

Some questions before a new build

Hello everyone, I have some extra cash to build a new rig and have some questions. My current PC is not bad but everyone keeps saying I can get more performance out of an intel setup so I wanted to ask is it really worth it? I currently have my AMD phenom ii 965 BE OC to 3.8GHz and it runs FSX with a lot of eye candy and other adds such as the PMDG 747 decent. I average about 16-18FPS on the ground and 28 in the sky with frames locked at 30. Obviously if I switch to Intel I will have to reload everything and start over but I am willing to is it is really worth it. If I do I will sell my current system to recoup some of the cost. So at the moment I have 1200 to spend on a new PC. What would be a good setup to go with. I will be OC the CPU again so that has to be put into consideration. Thanks for all your advise.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/c7pL

$1225 - Does NOT include: Keyboard, mouse, monitor and OS (assuming you already have those).

-Picked good quality parts.

-Don't buy SSD if you don't have enough money; first use all your money on buying a good PC and after that save up and get the SSD, since it's not vital and it will only improve boot/load times.

Check this thread

http://forum.avsim.n...omputer-advice/

You may just need to get a CPU and MB mentioned there... try to reuse everything else as much as possible from your current PC. Even the cooler see if you can get an adapter..

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter