Sign in to follow this  
Buggsy

Carenado Door Problem

The doors were working fine for the first few flights and now I can't keep the door open. The animation plays, door opens full length, then 'disappears' back to closed position, and I can then draw it down again only for the same result.

Any solutions?

Win7x86 FSX SP2

Fly Navy

Hi John,

never park near a refuling station in FSX , it is a bug and it will allways close the doors as you described if you do so!

Try to park her on the runway for a test and you will see it will open for sure!!

It is not related to this specific Carenado A/C , it will happen with every addon.

You have to move fast or you'll get your shirt tail stuck in there... or worse!

You have to move fast or you'll get your shirt tail stuck in there... or worse!

Let's see... Gender "Male"... Ouch!

every time time the door opens/closes thats really the sound of your credit card being reswiped for a nother payment....LOL :ph34r:

every time time the door opens/closes thats really the sound of your credit card being reswiped for a nother payment....LOL

Boy aint that the truth. At Air Venture, I spoke with a rep on the Seneca V (twin engine)... Just out of curiosity, I asked about what it would take to own the plane. He said, "Shes about 980,000... with 50,000 down, you can own it today! 30 years @.07%... about 6200.00 a month". They actually have 30 year loans. Who needs a house and food anyway? Then again, At 45, I'm probably 15 years too old for that.

Let's see... Gender "Male"... Ouch!

Lord.. imagine what that would look like with giant fire trucks around a little plane... and a bunch of guys working the door with the "Jaws Of life" to get.. ah.. "him" free.. :blink:

Boy aint that the truth. At Air Venture, I spoke with a rep on the Seneca V (twin engine)... Just out of curiosity, I asked about what it would take to own the plane. He said, "Shes about 980,000... with 50,000 down, you can own it today! 30 years @.07%... about 6200.00 a month". They actually have 30 year loans. Who needs a house and food anyway? Then again, At 45, I'm probably 15 years too old for that.

And then insurance, hangar, fuel, maintenance holdover, etc. etc...

We were looking at a used Cirrus a while back and for a low time, non-instrument rated pilot [yet] such as myself, we were figuring $10,000 / year for insurance alone. It goes down with more hours and an IFR ticket, but yep, she's definitely not a cheap date! :huh:

Trevor Bair

CMEL+IR | PA32R-301T & C208B
My Real World Travels

And then insurance, hangar, fuel, maintenance holdover, etc. etc...

10G's for INS?? Holy cow. I keep looking around like I intend to buy, just in case the numbers come in (lottery ones). My airport, Manassas/KHEF has tie down spots for 90 bucks a month for twins. Aircraft license (sorta like a car registration) is cheap, at 5 bucks a year in Virginia. KHEF has east and west parking hangers, with east side at/near parking lot... So you guessed it... east side cost more. 325 for the middle, 375 for end units on west side... 398 (42' doors) and 495 for east side. TBM/Malibu types with big wings are worse... 495 middle, and 550 for end units on the 48' doors.

needless to say, all the hangers are booked... Both at Manassas and nearby Stafford/KRMN... but both expanding in the next couple years. Stafford would be better, as they are outside the D.C. ADIZ/SFRA.. But would be harder to get to because of the massive 24/7 DC traffic on interstate 95,

Growing up in the late 70's and early 80's, it seemed like everyone flew... sorta like the boating crowd. You had to get to the airport early on the weekends to avoid pattern overloads, and lack of rentals. Cold starting a Cessna or Grumman on the weekends was a rare event.

That all seems like another world now... but I keep my hopes up. You never know.