Sign in to follow this  
rcpistonhead

Best AIRPORT texutre add on?

I would like to upgrade all of my airport's textures in FSX like I keep seeing on some videos. The texutres I have in mind appear to add new asphalt, concrete, taxiways, signs, lights, jetways, buildings, ect. to all of the airports to make them appear much more real work realistic. My question is what is the best add on for this? The only add on I am currently running is GEX North America. Suggestions?

Thank you!

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

Will Real Enviroment Extreme work with my already installed GEX North America? What about Ultimate Airport Enviroment X?

Thanks!

The ground / airport textures that I want are shown in this video:

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

Will Real Enviroment Extreme work with my already installed GEX North America? What about Ultimate Airport Enviroment X?

Thanks!

The ground / airport textures that I want are shown in this video:

Those are custom textures for a particular payware airport in this case FlyTampa Tampa Redux. Your not going to get that in a more generic addon. That said, the textures REX does about the best you're going to get for airports in general. There are a number of options available in it., For Specific payware airports I find FlyTampa, FSDreamTeam, and UK2000 scenery airports have the best custom scenery. There are a couple of good freeware airports that have good custom textures. The just released KPHL for one, and Glenn Johnson's airports which use photo real scenery textures.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Yes it works with GEX perfectly. I don't know about its compatibility with Ultimate Airport Environment X, most probably it works but likely its custom taxiway, parking and runway textures will be replaced with REX ones.