Sign in to follow this  
Giora Ivshin

windowed mode problems

Hello all

I've been flying the NGX for few months now, and loving it. I have been flying it in windowed mode, as with other aircrafts on FSX. Believe it or not – I just didn’t know about the full screen mode. Recently, I discovered it and found out that my frame rate is much better on it. The problem beguines when I try to get into the display settings, or save window, or anything that require the screen to reload. Many times I get black screens or missing textures, or even CTD.

i've been looking for answers on the web - no good..

Sounds familiar to anybody?

Thanks

Giora Ivshin

Are you using "Alt+Enter" to switch between full screen and windowed?

Alt+Tab causes problems, Alt+Enter is the correct way with FSX. Also do you have the highmemfix tweak done? That fixes a lot of that.

If you haven't already use this easy tweak tool:

http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

Not only should you gain performance but stability also (includes the highmemfix tweak).

i am using alt+enter. i havent heard about this tweak tool. i will try it and post here the resault.

chears mate

I have found if I reload the screen by going to options>display and then just hit the cancel button before doing anything , missing textures will come back during the screen refreash.

Hello all

I've been flying the NGX for few months now, and loving it. I have been flying it in windowed mode, as with other aircrafts on FSX. Believe it or not – I just didn’t know about the full screen mode. Recently, I discovered it and found out that my frame rate is much better on it. The problem beguines when I try to get into the display settings, or save window, or anything that require the screen to reload. Many times I get black screens or missing textures, or even CTD.

i've been looking for answers on the web - no good..

Sounds familiar to anybody?

Thanks

Giora Ivshin

As another potential fix, you should place the uiautomationcore dll into your root FSX folder. That fixes CTD's caused by accessing the menus. Just do a web search for this DLL, and you should be able to find it.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

guyes, its just amazing! you realy helped me! thank you very much - it works realy nice now. i've been using this forum for long time and it is a great place for answers.

thanks!

That's weird, I find I get a better FPS in windowed mode, as long as I almost (but not quite) fill the screen with the window.

Hmm.

I get better frames in full screen by a long shot.

guyes, its just amazing! you realy helped me! thank you very much - it works realy nice now. i've been using this forum for long time and it is a great place for answers.

thanks!

Great to hear it has worked out for you :)