Sign in to follow this  
nigvilla

737NG Soundset

Just purchased 737 NGX for FSX and finding it another great PMDG product even though my hardware fairly modest.

Wondered if anyone had views/experience of the stock soundsets against 3rd party add ons?

Cheers,

Nigel Thomas

UK

The included soundsets were recorded direct from a 737NG aircraft so I don't think any 3rd party soundsets would be any better

PMDG put a lot of effort into getting the sounds authentic, you may be able to add some enviromental sounds like runway center light thumps etc.

Here's an old post I made when someone was comparing PMDG's NG soundset to TSS's sound. Hope it helps:

"For me I sticking with PMDG's default NGX soundset. I love TSS, but the differences you all are hearing between the two soundsets may just come down to how each developer recorded the sounds. For those of you who are only basing their assumptions of how the aircraft is supposed to sound from the cabin only, you may want to keep in mind there are 3 different engine variants for the NG series.Taken from PMDG's description of NGX - " Sounds - An uncompromisingly realistic soundset. Every aspect of the 737NG’s CFM56-7B engines is represented here, exactly pitch matched to real life recordings made at every 10% over the engine’s power range. Over 500 individual sounds exist in the product, all recorded with professional audio equipment in the real cockpit. Every switch and lever is unique and there is a separate “passenger view” sound set that is called up in the wing views and features sounds such as the flap motors and hydraulic pumps."TSS description -All enginesounds are recorded few feet away from the engines of CimberSterling & Primera 737`sBesides the real HD recordings of the engines, this sound also includes:

• Custom Soundcones
  • Custom Wind
  • Custom Gear
  • Custom flaps
  • Custom Autopilot
  • Custom Stall
  • Custom Overspeed
  • Custom wheel rumble
  • and ambient cockpit sound, just to bring the experience up, from within the cockpit.

As a new feature, you will be able to have an external APU sound running, also with implemented soundcones "

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Here's an old post I made when someone was comparing PMDG's NG soundset to TSS's sound. Hope it helps:

"For me I sticking with PMDG's default NGX soundset. I love TSS, but the differences you all are hearing between the two soundsets may just come down to how each developer recorded the sounds. For those of you who are only basing their assumptions of how the aircraft is supposed to sound from the cabin only, you may want to keep in mind there are 3 different engine variants for the NG series.Taken from PMDG's description of NGX - " Sounds - An uncompromisingly realistic soundset. Every aspect of the 737NG’s CFM56-7B engines is represented here, exactly pitch matched to real life recordings made at every 10% over the engine’s power range. Over 500 individual sounds exist in the product, all recorded with professional audio equipment in the real cockpit. Every switch and lever is unique and there is a separate “passenger view” sound set that is called up in the wing views and features sounds such as the flap motors and hydraulic pumps."TSS description -All enginesounds are recorded few feet away from the engines of CimberSterling & Primera 737`sBesides the real HD recordings of the engines, this sound also includes:

• Custom Soundcones
  • Custom Wind
  • Custom Gear
  • Custom flaps
  • Custom Autopilot
  • Custom Stall
  • Custom Overspeed
  • Custom wheel rumble
  • and ambient cockpit sound, just to bring the experience up, from within the cockpit.

As a new feature, you will be able to have an external APU sound running, also with implemented soundcones "

And I think that sums it up. The stock NGX sound set trumps and 3rd party option in terms of realism and quality.

PMDG has simulated sounds from the cockpit. 3rd party vendors, as far as I can tell, use recordings from the passenger cabin.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Many Thanks, sticking with PMDG , they normally get most things spot on as a top developer.

Cheers,

Nigel Thomas

UK