Sign in to follow this  
donstevo82

737NGX Tutorial 1 - Secure procedure fatal error

Hi,

I was following tutorial 1 for the PMDG 737-800 NGX allong nicely, and have parked the aircraft at a gate at EHAM.

I just started going through the list for the secure procedure, and switched the APU off.

Although there was no warning of this in the tutorial PDF, an alarm started sounding. No red or yellow lights appeared (next to the red fire button on the annunciator panel) and I couldn't switch the alarm off that way.

Suddenly FSX gave a "Fatal error" prompt and exited the sim without anything that I could do.

Is the alarm related to switching off the APU? I didn't have any indications or annunciations on the panel, nor was the alarm like a fire alarm. It was a different kind of sound.

And could these steps have led to FSX giving me a fatal error?

Anyone else have had this kind of behavior in the past?

Thx for your replies.

I seen this on another thread and was explained as a low memory reached and you about to get a ctd, was the sound like a door bell chime? in the thread that i seen this said it was fsuipc that gave the warning that you are running low on memory

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I concur.... no interaction between APU off and Fatal Error..... with FSX running low on memory you will indeed hear the "gong like" ding you heard.....

Just load up at the same stand with engines running, go through the shut down and check it out. Without the preceeding flight you will probably be able

to shut down to cold and dark without the FSX crash. If so- time to investigate where that pesky memory leak is.....

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

yep slide your fsx settings down abit

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg