Sign in to follow this  
ajax6

Need Tutorial 1 help...

...please.

I'm working my way through the no 1 Tutorial, and as far as I can judge, I've followed the instructions to the letter. After setting up the FMC, trim & flaps and MCP SPEED, HEADING and ALTITUDE and turned on both FD's I run into trouble when arming the A/T. It just won't get armed. All I get is a warning saying "A/T P/RST".

Can someone give me a cure for this. Googled and got the advice to turn on generators 1 and 2, but shouldn't those be on in this turorial. There's no start up procedure in the tutorial to start with, and all other systems seem to be up and running....

And on earlier flights I've had no problem arming the A/T.

TIA

Generators don't need to be on. I generally use this tutorial for the basis of my flights but what you have described hasn't happened to me. Make sure you go through it step by step. Also, towards approach your speed drops in steps with your flaps so keep dropping them as it reaches that stage.

Perhaps something to do with your throttle config? Do you use multiple throttles? Do you us fsuipc? A/T tends in my experience to not arm or disconnect with bad throttle set up. Example being if I drop into reverse thrust then my A/T will disconnect. Look into your throttle set up and make sure all is set correctly. If you use fsuipc this can be hard to grasp at first.

I don't have the manual to hand right now to look up your warning but I shall.

regards

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Yes, I've got the full FSUIPC and used it to set up my yoke / quad (which is Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Quad and an extra quad). And yes - I've got one throttle lever per engine. I'll give the setup a look-over, but so far everything has been working fine. Might be my dead zones between throttle and reverse that are to small.... ?

Any suggestions still very much appreciated.... ;)

How have you got you reverse set up? Well what hardware are you using?

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Engine reverse is through FSUIPC:

It’s btn no 20 on quad #1 programmed to FS btn F2 with “Key press to repeat while held” checked. This btn is my #1 engine throttle lever bottomed down below the throttle engine idle position. So the lever is an axis between full and idle throttle, then a button below that. This one lever seem to work on both engines in reverse mode.

My HW is:

Intel Core 2 duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00 GHz

4 Gb RAM

Nvidia GeForce GTX470

OS W Vista 64 bits SP2

and

Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System (=yoke + quad) and an extra Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quad

Thx a lot for your help! :rolleyes:

Engine reverse is through FSUIPC:

It’s btn no 20 on quad #1 programmed to FS btn F2 with “Key press to repeat while held” checked. This btn is my #1 engine throttle lever bottomed down below the throttle engine idle position. So the lever is an axis between full and idle throttle, then a button below that. This one lever seem to work on both engines in reverse mode.

My HW is:

Intel Core 2 duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00 GHz

4 Gb RAM

Nvidia GeForce GTX470

OS W Vista 64 bits SP2

and

Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System (=yoke + quad) and an extra Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quad

Thx a lot for your help! :rolleyes:

Not the best way to go about this and perhaps what is causing your issue. Dont assign it to the button action in fs you select "select for fs control" and not "select for key press" Then for control sent it is "throttle 1 decr" then check control to repeat when held. Then control for release is "throttle 1 cut" This should be done for both throttles though obviously it is "throttle 2 decr" etc

I just found this http://nzff.org/foru...?showtopic=7549

Follow it all and you will get it right.

This one lever seem to work on both engines in reverse mode.

Follow that guide fella because that is not how it should be.

If you are still having problems I am willing to work through it with you on skype or something if you like. Forum tennis can take a while.

let us know how you get on or pm me if you need more help.

Peter,

I suspect James is right on about your problem. I had the same issue for a few flights and one time I was outside the aircraft and could see that when I was in idle one engine was in reverse. That would cause the spoiler armed light to come on and the A/T to go off. If I advanced that throttle a little the reverse engine would go back to normal and I could reset the A/T. All I had to do was redo my FSUIPC settings for my throttle idle dead spot to give a bigger area for idle and problem solved; I have not had the issue since.

Good luck with this.

Jerry Hayman

Spot on, James and Jerry. Now works like a charm....

Big THX!!!

Your welcome. Glad we could help. Enjoy