Sign in to follow this  
hightower

Javier Hernandez USS Nimitz

Hi All:

I'm flying the T45 (and others) off the deck of Javier Hernandez's USS Nimitz. I might add that it is a great rendition of a carrier, but I suspect those who have it would agree anyway. And for those that do have it, I have a question. In his readme notes, he make mention that he has added steam to the catapults in the latest version. Well, I don't see any steam and invoking the "I" key does not produce any either. I looked in the ships cfg file and could see no entry for "Smoke" or "Steam". I e-mailed him asking for assistance but have had no reply.

Hope someone can help here because the addition of steam would be awesome.

Thanks

Chris

I am getting the "steam" when I catapult off....

Make sure you're setup properly, shift+u for the bar then shift+spacebar or whatever it is to launch

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks guys.

Ryan:

Yes, proper procedure used to catapult AC. No problems there.

Mike:

Yes, all effects have been installed. What I find curious is that there is no usual configuration for steam or smoke in the sim cfg file? Any idea where the author would have put that?

I assumed it was built into the carrier as part of the model... maybe not though...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |