Sign in to follow this  
FlyMan86

Computer restarts when FSX is being used only.

Hello all,

For some reason everytime I use FSX, the computer restarts. And this is game time of only like 2-3 mins. I did a system restore and to no avail. I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX560 2GB 16X video card with a 700W power supply by XTREMEGEAR. Ever since August 17th, this problem has been happening. I am hoping to get this fixed before September 22nd for the Tornoto Real Ops.

Everything is pretty much up to date. According to the event log it is something to do with the Kernel Power as the source. I don't know what would cause this issue. It just came out of knowhere.

My rig is a Gamer Eagle 3000.

8 fans

1TB HD

8GB of RAM

i7 2700K

Liquid cooling

I don't know what else to do here. I have been searching the net endlessly everyday when I get home from work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

John R. Miller III

For starters just before this started happening did you change anything on your rig, install new programs, install new drivers, delete any programs, delete any drivers, install new hardware, remove any hardware, did you change anything?

There are many reasons for kernel power error codes. One time I upgraded my video drivers and started getting kernel power error codes, switched back to the old drivers and problem gone.

If you did not change anything and your system is overclocked you should run some stress tests, you may need to bump your vcore or some other voltage.

It could actually be your power supply.

If you are getting BSOD's you can download BlueScreenView and it will give you more detailed information than event viewer.

My system is not overclocked. Everything was running fine until then. I even tried rolling back driver versions and to no avail. When it restarts it has trouble kind of like a car trying to start. I am beginning to suspect it is a hardware issue.

Here is the thing though, I don't get a blue screen or nothing at all. It just happens real quick. Anyway, I am shipping the pc back to Cyberpower tomorrow. Luckily I have an HP that hasn't been used since February. But it will do until I get the new one back.

You may not see a blue screen, but an error could still be logged. I think it's worth the 2 minutes to find out and potentially save yourself several weeks waiting to get it fixed or replaced, wouldn't you?

Ok, I have downloaded BlueScreenView. I will post a screen shot when the restarts happen again.

Nothing showed up in the BlueScreenView. I did a stress test and that even made it restart. Something tells me this is a graphics card issue.

Hi,

Happened to me a few times, turned out to be an unstable overclock.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Too bad there's no error, worth looking though. Sounds like a definite hardware issue then. You could go through a whole bunch of troubleshooting, or let the warranty techs do it for you. Your call.

Yea, it has to be an hardware issue. I found a program that ran a stress test on it. Ran the load up 100% 75C on the GPU temp. After like 5mins the computer restarted and it had trouble restarting because I think the graphics card is getting overheated. Luckily I have an HP standing by. Thanks for helping out!!!! We are going to ship it out to California where CyberPower is at. We thought about doing a full system re-install but lucky we didn't. All those hours would have been for nothing.

Hi,

Happened to me a few times, turned out to be an unstable overclock.

How unstable was yours Mike?

Hi,

The system would only reboot when running FSX, your problem looks like the same problem I had some time ago. Reworked/tested my overclock and I have not had any problems since.

How unstable was yours Mike?

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck