Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McDaniel

Airport Lights Flashing

H there I am experimenting also with dx10 and I am very happy so far :-)

One thing that is very visible, at ORBX KMSO my airport lights (poles around gates and appron) are blinking in a constant pase, like it would be a redlight on top of a building.

Is there a fix for that?

Thanks

McDan out

I think it may well be linked to your strobe switch on your aircraft, McDan!. This was one of the issues raised when I was helping Steve during his "discovery" process to fix the lights.

I use A2A lights normally - which don't have this issue, but they weren't istalled on the default Cessna that I was using - and that was exactly what happened. There is another thread below this one where he talks about the fix - I think it is fixed now, but am not sure.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/377635-dx10-nav-lights-experimental-fix/

Take a look at it , and also zoom over to his blog and see what he's got on it.

http://stevesfsxanal...ory/nav-lights/

So I read about it and found more "problems" the lights are visible from some angles and dissapear in other view angles.

Thats very annoying and I hope there is a way to solve this.

At some airports its just some lights at other airports its all the taxilights.

So I read about it and found more "problems" the lights are visible from some angles and dissapear in other view angles.

Thats very annoying and I hope there is a way to solve this.

At some airports its just some lights at other airports its all the taxilights.

Yes, fixing that would make the DX10 mod a complete winner (vs DX9 and P3D for a while).

Dirk.

Hey there, I wnt back to DX9 because of those problems, also when I watched my beloved 737 PMDG NGX from the outside, sometimes strobes and position lights where visible but at some angles not. So the magic question.....will this all be fixed with the payware dx10 fixer?

Thanks

McDan out

Hi McDan - sorry - I guess I couldn't give you a definitive answer to the earlier post back in August - usually someone else will step in!

Anyway - I will stretch my neck out, as no-one else has answered this today - there are many, many 737's out there - and if there were lighting issues - I guarantee we would have heard!

However, I don't know where Jim (the forum admin) is (he has one), but I do have a buddy who flies the 737, and I will give him a shout and have him test the lights for you. It may take a (short) while, so I would ask - be slightly more patient, and I will get back to you - OK!

Thanks,

pj

So - Les has just confirmed to me that the external lighting system on the PMDG 737 works in DX10 exactly as it does in DX9. :smile:

All the best,

pj

Jim also confirmed later today, McD! If you need help in the startup - there's a fair amount to read - we shall be here to answer you!

All the Best!

peej