Sign in to follow this  
Alan_A

Stutters in DX10 - workarounds?

Thanks for the response. I will do some test flights this afternoon.

For me ngx with rex and as2012 at Aerosoft Amsterdam schiphol EHAM. Is, I think the heaviest for me, for now.

Yes I know that my gfx and ram are the bottlenecks. I've read that the i2500k can go to 1.4 - 1.45 safe. Im running this for almost a year now. I think that is also due my cooler : Thermalright Silver Arrow.

My temps idle are around 25-30 and heavy load with occct or ibt or orthos or anything else it doesnt get above 65 degrees. :smile:

Ive tried many settings for the poolsize and RT. I think with a higher poolsize Ive less artifacts. I cant really see what the RT settings does.

I can only find values for it on forums but not exactly when to raise it or lower it .

But I can say that with usepools=0 everything is a lot smoother thant with bufferpools and rt. The only thing is that with anything higher then tbm=40 I get artifacts and with tbm at 40 I get sometimes loading stutters / hickups and autogen popping. But it is better than the settings ive tried today.

This are the same results as I saw when I did some testing in fsx dx9. I tried to find my sweet spot but couldnt find it.

Someone has some ideas? Thanks

Every ones machine is different, mine CTD's if I put the buffer pools in using pools=1 etc.

So I leave it completely out of the cfg.

Trevor Golding

I think with a higher poolsize Ive less artifacts. I cant really see what the RT settings does.

ut I can say that with usepools=0 everything is a lot smoother thant with bufferpools and rt. The only thing is that with anything higher then tbm=40 I get artifacts and with tbm at 40 I get sometimes loading stutters / hickups and autogen popping.

Someone has some ideas? Thanks

http://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.com/category/bufferpools/

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.