Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Car traffic causing graphic glitches

I wouldn't be too sure of that, Jim! I'm just playing, as I don't understand what each tweak actually does, so testing a particular tweak is still only done by guess and by golly. DX9 responded to almost any tweak, by adding this, or that, and DX10 doesn't seem to. There's not a whole lot of difference between the default settings (like yours) with HIGHMEMFIX and FFTF - and a config with the whole enchilada, - I'll call it the "HD" setting for want of a better name.

I think these changes are necessary to support HD flying.

BufferPools=1

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=>80

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=<0.15

MAX_ASYNC_BATCHING_JOBS=3

WATER_EFFECTS=5 // 4 or 5

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=907 // my personal preference - may reduce load

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=1376 // // my personal preference - may reduce load

These are the only changes in my cfg as of yesterday, and did allow for these HD numbers below around Seattle:-

AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1

AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1

COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1

LANDING_LIGHTS=1

AC_SELF_SHADOW=1

BLOOM_EFFECTS=1

TEXTURE_QUALITY=3

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=90

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.1

CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=3

DETAILED_CLOUDS=1

CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=7

LENSFLARE=1

DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1

IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5

AirlineDensity=35

GADensity=35

FreewayDensity=35

AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=1

LOD_RADIUS=4.500000

MESH_COMPLEXITY=100

MESH_RESOLUTION=23

TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29

AUTOGEN_DENSITY=4

DETAIL_TEXTURE=1

WATER_EFFECTS=5

Mode=3840x1024x32

Anisotropic=1

AntiAlias=1

STATE=Washington

CITY=Seattle

Seattle area - 1WA6... 27 mins.

KTTD - KPDX ....12 mins., per link - https://www.dropbox....ebse/poajKLG0VI

Hope you can use this info.

Cheers,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Paul, I would take a rest. It gets overwhelming and frustrating sometimes and there's no reason to rush to find that 'holy grail'. I wish I could help but overwhelmed myself taking on the job as a moderator. I think what you have found so far is great and sufficient for now. If you are interested to see what all those fsx 'tweaks' mean, here's one excellent guide I found - http://www.strikingsoftware.com/forum/index.php?topic=614.0;wap2. You can find more by simply Googling what do all the tweaks in fsx.cfg mean. Thanks from me for all of your hard work! I know others appreciate it too. Take a few days vacation.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Yaah - there's no holy grail.. darned pity. Thanks for the vacation recommendation, Jim! But - I'm retired!! What am I gonna dooo!

Re the link to the "Truth about Tweaks" - thanks, but no thanks, Jim - it's too dated. Anything older than about 7 months old is suspect. That was somewhere about the rate in IT, whether Windows Server, IBM, Oracle/Sun, HP, Cisco, Intel - all moving forward at a rate that is very difficult to keep up with, even in the industry, where courses are mandatory - if you want to keep ahead and keep your job!

Anyway - I just downloaded DXtory - video-making software - I'm going to see what a mess I can make of my pc!!!

:LMAO:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I never played much of default DX10 so I wonder if this car glitch is introduced due to the new shaders or was it always there in DX10 from the get go. I'm guessing this issue is a new shader thing can can't be tweeked out but needs to be programmed out.

Did you do a DX9 test with those same settings, Bump?