This 2700k CPU are really awesome! I found this about new maximum safe Vcore for everyday use:

http://forums.guru3d...ad.php?t=353463

quote:

"According to a well known computer hardware retailer, who were also the original source of the previous max safe vcore for sandybridge chips of 1.38v, technical documents from Intel state a max vcore of 1.425v is absolutely safe and the retailer now recommends a max 24/7 vcore of upto 1.45v.

However, according to them, this only applies to i7-2600k and i7-2700k chips as they have not upgraded i5-2500k chips from their previous figure of 1.38v max safe vcore voltage."

In Word Not Allowed's "Software & Hardware Guide for FSX" the usual accepted numbers are up to 1.4 Vcore on the 2500k/2600k/2700k. So, this is something different about upgraded 2600k and 2700k and it comes from intel.

I managed to reach 4.8GHz with Vcore 1.36(looks quite good for me), and today 4.9GHZ with Vcore 1.4. My temps are fine.

In my opinion high Vcore for everyday usage is more dangerous for CPU than temperatures, and bearing in mind that every 100MHZ increase in CPU frequency means at least 3fps in FSX for me(and i still need more fps for some addon airports to be at locked 30fps on ground), should i go for more?

What is your opinion, advice, experiences about that?

I managed to reach 4.8GHz with Vcore 1.36(looks quite good for me), and today 4.9GHZ with Vcore 1.4. My temps are fine.

I personally would reccomend staying below 1.4-1.42volts. I also run my 2700K @ 4.8GHZ with 1.36vcore with no problems.

Thanks Ben, i found some errors in my fsx.cfg. I did rebuild of my fsx.cfg, and after i applied all tweaks from Word Not Allowed's guide - i realize that i don't need more than 4.8GHz for fsx, i have now max fixed 30fps on all addon airports

i have now max fixed 30fps on all addon airports

Glad to see that everything is working well for you! :smile:

I personally would reccomend staying below 1.4-1.42volts. I also run my 2700K @ 4.8GHZ with 1.36vcore with no problems.

Lucky...

My 2600K needs 1.48v for 4.8Ghz and 1.52v for 5Ghz...mind you this is without HT.

If I want to use HT then it's 1.52v for 4.8 and 1.55v for 5Ghz.

Needless to say, I got the Intel tuning and protection plan just in case but it has pretty much ran constantly for about 11 months now without problems.

Lucky...

My 2600K needs 1.48v for 4.8Ghz and 1.52v for 5Ghz...mind you this is without HT.

Needless to say, I got the Intel tuning and protection plan just in case but it has pretty much ran constantly for about 11 months now without problems.

This is what I wanted to know, i saw in some OCK forums that one 2700K after 9 months on 1.425 Vcore 24/7, has degraded and he needed more Vcore for same overclock(about 5.2GHz or something like that). I am interested in your experience with 2700k.

I have intel protection and i'll probably try some higher OC, but i don't need it for anymore for fsx(Thanks Word Not Allowed, I'll buy you a beer next time i'll go to vienna :P , really, this is the performance I was dreaming about).

I have Antec 1200 v3 case, and some "PC expert" who ansembled my PC has screw up the cable management - and stoped my corect airflow. After 3h, i managed to fix it, and my temps dropped by 10C!

After that, i found some errors in my fsx.cfg(made by bojote tweaking tool), and after i fix that like is described in Word Not Allowed's guide, everything is awesome!!! I have locked 30fps anywhere in fsx - ORBX, Aerosoft, UK2000...

To be clear, i have locked 30 fps anywhere in fsx using NGX, Leonardo maddog and other complexe airliners! I say this becouse there is a lot of flightsimers who told me about "awesome performance" in fsx using GA aircraft - this is different story, you don't need overclock for that planes...

Thanks

Guest kannwar

This is what I wanted to know, i saw in some OCK forums that one 2700K after 9 months on 1.425 Vcore 24/7, has degraded and he needed more Vcore for same overclock(about 5.2GHz or something like that). I am interested in your experience with 2700k.

I have intel protection and i'll probably try some higher OC, but i don't need it for anymore for fsx(Thanks Word Not Allowed, I'll buy you a beer next time i'll go to vienna :P , really, this is the performance I was dreaming about).

I have Antec 1200 v3 case, and some "PC expert" who ansembled my PC has screw up the cable management - and stoped my corect airflow. After 3h, i managed to fix it, and my temps dropped by 10C!

After that, i found some errors in my fsx.cfg(made by bojote tweaking tool), and after i fix that like is described in Word Not Allowed's guide, everything is awesome!!! I have locked 30fps anywhere in fsx - ORBX, Aerosoft, UK2000...

To be clear, i have locked 30 fps anywhere in fsx using NGX, Leonardo maddog and other complexe airliners! I say this becouse there is a lot of flightsimers who told me about "awesome performance" in fsx using GA aircraft - this is different story, you don't need overclock for that planes...

Thanks

Do you have your AI or autogen turned off?

Do you have your AI or autogen turned off?

No, I have autogen on "very dense" and AI 15%

Guest kannwar

No, I have autogen on "very dense" and AI 15%

Oh ok can I just ask how your performance is if you go to UK2000 Heathrow with AI at like 60% in the NGX? Also do you use a MyTraffic X 5.4 at all? Sorry to be a pain I'm just wondering if there is anything you are doing that I'm not to get better performance =).

Oh ok can I just ask how your performance is if you go to UK2000 Heathrow with AI at like 60% in the NGX? Also do you use a MyTraffic X 5.4 at all? Sorry to be a pain I'm just wondering if there is anything you are doing that I'm not to get better performance =).

that is too much AI. I don't have UK2000 Heathrow, but tried with demo version and i get about 14-18 fps at that settings.

Anyway, i want to fly smooth fsx, not to watch AI traffic :) , so i set back 15% AI and tried all addon big Airports i have(ORBX YMML, Aerosoft EDDT for example), and i have locked 30fps

Guest kannwar

that is too much AI. I don't have UK2000 Heathrow, but tried with demo version and i get about 14-18 fps at that settings.

Anyway, i want to fly smooth fsx, not to watch AI traffic :) , so i set back 15% AI and tried all addon big Airports i have(ORBX YMML, Aerosoft EDDT for example), and i have locked 30fps

Yup that's about what I get. Thanks for the info!

I was considering Asus P8Z77-V LE

EDIT: OOOPS!! Wrong thread.

Edited by SLKVP

Sam. 

Waiting for the 64-bit PSION Flightsim for ZX-Spectrum ////

Interesting topic.....I've got 2700k/gigabyte z77x-d3h/8gb gskill ripsaw2400 DDR3.

I have a home made cooling chamber which cools the air to -30c and my 2700k is aircooled inside that chamber.

Consequently I can push the overclock without too much concern about the temps but not sure about the max voltage Ican safely use.

I'm stable at 5.4Ghz and 1.51vcore without hyperthreading using intel burn test....which is a real high stress test and pushed my temps to 60-70c.

Using less intense stress tests such as gaming benchmarks and wprime 1024m I'm at 5.5Ghz with hyperthreading still at 1.51vcore with temps in the 20-30c region in gaming benchmarks and 30-40c with wprime 1024m.

But cant get the thing to go passed the bios splash screen above 5.5Ghz.....I've pushed to 1.54vcore but still no go....concerned to try any further vcore.

Not a bad chip will do 5.0Ghz nicely at 1.38vcore and with my system has cool temps.

Run IBT with 1.55Volts... :LMAO: JK JK

Interesting topic.....I've got 2700k/gigabyte z77x-d3h/8gb gskill ripsaw2400 DDR3.

I have a home made cooling chamber which cools the air to -30c and my 2700k is aircooled inside that chamber.

So, you can say that you did 5.5GHz on air! :smile:

Consequently I can push the overclock without too much concern about the temps but not sure about the max voltage Ican safely use.

For 2700k intel stated max safe vcore for 24/7 usage(at which degradation will not happen),is 1.425. But retailers recommends up to 1.45 - retailers who set last time for 2600k(2600k before d2 revision only) limit of 1.38, they have a good reputation when commes to max vcore estimation. On many forums, max vcore for 2700k is 1.5 to 1.52. But this is for air/water cooling. For this "extreme" cooling solutions the limit can be higher

I'm stable at 5.4Ghz and 1.51vcore without hyperthreading using intel burn test....which is a real high stress test and pushed my temps to 60-70c.

Using less intense stress tests such as gaming benchmarks and wprime 1024m I'm at 5.5Ghz with hyperthreading still at 1.51vcore with temps in the 20-30c region in gaming benchmarks and 30-40c with wprime 1024m.

But cant get the thing to go passed the bios splash screen above 5.5Ghz.....I've pushed to 1.54vcore but still no go....concerned to try any further vcore.

Not a bad chip will do 5.0Ghz nicely at 1.38vcore and with my system has cool temps.

I'm realy curious to see how it look's - system like this, and it's ok for everyday usage? Some special power-up procedures etc? Just curious