Sign in to follow this  
Guest Azone

Using full screen Flight with multiple monitors.

Guest Azone

Has anyone figured out how to run Flight in full screen with multiple monitors and a card up to the task ? I have a GTX670 card and was hoping to run Flight in full screen while using the other monitor for nav tools. I want to use the features of this card to the fullest.

Hi

Several months ago there were many posts regarding running Flight full screen and GMap from FS Widgets on a second monitor. GMap uses Google data and connects with Flight to show the aircraft's current location. I don't believe a particularly powerful video card is required. If you're not familiar with the previous posts and this sounds like what you're looking to do just post your intent.

Jim F.

Guest Azone

I know most cards are capable of running two monitors , I actually had two running on off my laptop which had a GTM540 card, I just find running flight in windows mode a waste of real estate especially now that I have a card capable of four monitors.

I read the post in the tutorial about running a nav tool with flight on one screen with a hotkey. ...not quite what I was hoping for.

Yo :)

I have a "little" ATI 5770 and 2 screens (one 32" 16/9 720P TV, and one 19" 4/3 screen). I use the TV set for main screen, and the 19" for the nav set. I have absolutely no fps loss when in double screen.

You may have noticed that MS Fligh blacks the other screen out it you run it fullscreen. To prevent that, you'll need a script like "Full Screen" script for Autohotkey. Then you'll have to uncheck "Fullscreen" in MS Flight, place the Flight window nicely on your main screen then hit the "Win+F11" (shortcut in AutoHotkey script), and voilà you have one full screen Flight and one other screen you CAN see.

Another trick I noticed : if you want to move the window like you want without Windows catching it for the edge of the screen you'll have to have screen 1 (main screen) on the left, screen 2 on the right, and with a slight shift between the 2 screens (the "fit to screen" option will go away if the screens are not aligned AND the game window is spreading even just one pixel out of the main screen).

Now you just have to run you other apps on your second screen.

I hope I was clear enought !

And is there anyone who can tell me where to find that Script?

I did find 'autohotkey on the web but I don't find that particular script.

(Probably because I am not a seasoned 'googler')

thanks in advance

Luc Brusselmans

Belgium

The info is in this Flight tutorial:

http://forum.avsim.net/tutorials/article/72-how-to-use-gmap-as-a-popup-within-flight-full-screen-on-one-monitor/

While this tutorial addresses how to use Gmap on one monitor with Flight, it works very well on two monitors.

All you need is the autohotkey, and the pseudo full screen hotkey script.

I use this to run Flight in pseudo full screen on my main monitor, and it gives me my secondary monitor allowing it to be used for other things, including GMap or whatever program I might have running on it.

So if you are not interested in running GMap, just grab the two items above and run Flight in psuedo full screen.

Guest Azone

The info is in this Flight tutorial:

http://forum.avsim.n...on-one-monitor/

While this tutorial addresses how to use Gmap on one monitor with Flight, it works very well on two monitors.

All you need is the autohotkey, and the pseudo full screen hotkey script.

I use this to run Flight in pseudo full screen on my main monitor, and it gives me my secondary monitor allowing it to be used for other things, including GMap or whatever program I might have running on it.

So if you are not interested in running GMap, just grab the two items above and run Flight in psuedo full screen.

Thanks, got it and it works just fine.

Very useful utility. The loss of 2nd monitor had been annoying me.

Perhaps not safest flying practice, but now I can stick a video on 2nd monitor while I'm flying along at <1000ft for 45 minutes.