Sign in to follow this  
RKillins

Nothing Happening - Install AS2012 Graphics

"Would you like like to install weather-influenced graphics based on your new route average weather conditions?"

When I opt for "Install AS2012 Graphics", then OK .... nothing happens. It should display the progress dialogue, but in my case, it doesn't. Nothing happens.

Suggestions?

RM Killins

Forgive me if this is too obvious..but it has caught me before.. Are you running the setup as an admin? Just a thought...

Jeff

Did I install AS2012 as administrator? Couldn't tell you. My guess would be no. (Why one should have to take this extra step eludes me). But whether I run it as administrator or not, doesn't seem to make a difference.

Perhaps I should uninstall and re-install as administrator.

RM Killins

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem, but with a slightly different behaviour. Let's say I wanna fly from EGGL to EDDM: I then create my flightplan and load the .pln file into AS2012. If I select to install the graphics in the upcoming dialogue I can do so and everything is working fine. Now let's say I arrived at Munich and wanna do the same route backwards. I load up another flightplan and when I choose now to install the graphics nothing will happen.

First I thought this is normal, because the route is the same, and weather hasn't changed, but even if I put in KFSO instead of EGLL nothing happens in the installation process.

I know for sure, that I have installed AS2012 with administrator rights, so this probably won't be the problem. I only get the program back to work after doing a complete restart of the pc. Just quitting and restarting AS2012 won't fix the problem. I have a very limited knowledge about how software works, but my only guess would be, that there is something running in the background (framework for example), which stops working after building the first graphic set.

I really hope that someone can provide a solution, 'cause it's very annoying, if you have to restart the whole system after every flight.

Please excuse my poor english, I hope it is nevertheless understandable.

Martin

Martin,

The graphics have to be loaded before starting FSX unfortunately, the nature of the beast :(

Martin,

The graphics have to be loaded before starting FSX unfortunately, the nature of the beast :(

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately this isn't the reason for my problems, because FSX isn't running when I try to install the files. I forgot to mention that in my previous post.

Martin

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Did you CLEAR the flight plan before reloading the return trip?

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

"Would you like like to install weather-influenced graphics based on your new route average weather conditions?"

When I opt for "Install AS2012 Graphics", then OK .... nothing happens. It should display the progress dialogue, but in my case, it doesn't. Nothing happens.

Suggestions?

Wait 15-20 seconds before clicking the botton to install graphics.

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

Thanks folks for your replies. Turns out that things started working OK after I uninstalled and re-installed again as administrator.

RM Killins

I think you must hit the left side of the "ok" button to install the graphics. If you get nothing hit the button again until you see file copy progress.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Sean Green