Sign in to follow this  
trancesetter

Good FMC for NGX with only USB

Do you know if it's just the EXEC button that doesn't light up when it should?

If it's not just that button, the data broadcasting from the NGX is likely not enabled.

In that case, edit the file <FSXROOT>\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\737NGX_Options.ini and

add the following two lines at the bottom:

[sDK]

EnableDataBroadcast=1

Thanks. I will try this tonight.

I was also thinking of getting a CDU. These options with the VGA, do they all imply that you drag the CDU from the main screen onto the CDU screen via VGA? Does that require a 2nd VGA card in your computer and/or windowed screen?

You indeed need a 2nd VGA out on your computer. If your current videocard does not support two outputs, you need another video card for this screen. Also, you need to drag the CDU onto the other screen, I've no clue if it works with fullscreen mode, because I always use FSX in windowed mode.

Are there solutions with USB only (Engravity is USB only), but is the screen also multicolored, supporting also more colors like NGX does, white and magenta I think, and also does it support menu function of NGX? The setup, load etc?

I read through the thread, but still have these questions unanswered...

The only USB only option I know of is the FlyEngravity one. However, this one has a monotone screen, not allowing to show the magenta colors properly like on the NGX FMC screen. Also, what made me go for the opencockpits one, is that besides the much higher price of the FlyEngravity FMC (twice the price of the OC), it's bound to go wrong when you want to fly another plane. The whole unit has to be programmed with drivers for a specific plane, which has been done with the NGX now. When you want to go and fly with the PMDG 777 someone has to do a lot of changes with the drivers to get it working, where with the Opencockpits one you can all change this in the FSUIPC software and the screen just outputs whatever you put on it.

@Andreas, do you intend to write a driver for the PMDG triple-7 when it is released? I'm thinking of going to fly with that plane too, so it would be nice to be able to use it for both the NGX and the 777. As far as I can see the button layout on the 777's FMC is exactly the same as on the NGX's, so that shouldn't give a problem.

Do you know if it's just the EXEC button that doesn't light up when it should?

If it's not just that button, the data broadcasting from the NGX is likely not enabled.

In that case, edit the file <FSXROOT>\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\737NGX_Options.ini and

add the following two lines at the bottom:

[sDK]

EnableDataBroadcast=1

So I added those two lines to the file and it works perfectly now. Now I'm off to Malta for a couple of days, after that will resume my FSX schedules again :)

I thought about buying FlyEngravity CDU but then realized I'd better ask them if it will work with NGX. On their website it states that it works with PMDG 737.

Anyway, they got back to me with a negative answer. It does not work with PMDG NGX yet, because NGX SDK does not allow exporting data for the LCD via USB.

So they are waiting for new version of SDK (which hopefully will support it).

Meanwhile I think I will rather go with OpenCockpits FMC/CDU V3.

I just hope there will be no problems in configuring it and that it will work if sim in in full screen mode.

I was looking at one to but I want to run FSX in full screen? Is that Possible. Also do I need another monitor to undock and drag the fmc to? Thanks.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Hi Laszlo,

Thanks for the info, but I've got the hardware FMC from Opencockpits, which has an internal screen. I'd like to have the FMC on this screen, but only the text area at the top, not the buttons (they are there hardware-wise).

I can post a picture tonight which shows my problem.

Hi do you have pics of the unit please? I'm thinking of getting one but my FSX always crashes when i undock windows.

Hi, What kind of pictures are you looking for? I only have this one at the moment, but I can make some others if you like...

I made some adjustments to this FMC, and that is the 6 fasteners that you see on the unit, and I made a stand for it, so that you can actually use it when you don't have a (semi)cockpit.

fmc.jpg

Hi, What kind of pictures are you looking for? I only have this one at the moment, but I can make some others if you like...

Cool thanks fro the pic, it looks great! can this be used on the PMDG 747 as well?