Sign in to follow this  
sauviat

Fundemental electrical or some other component failure

As a very long term user of FS9, seldom with major aircraft problems, all aircraft are now experiencing the same failures with electrics or some other component...

Whether on the ground or in flight the electrics cut out randomly (sometimes will cut back in again), gear and flaps fail to operate (being no electrical power to operate the hydraulics, etc), no radio (vhf/nav comms), no autopilot etc, no civa and so the list goes on.

Has the FS decided to play tricks and reconfigured itself? It is akin to something in real life that is short-circuiting the electrics or a loose wire!

Any pointers as to what could be causing this would be most welcome, thank you.

Sauviat

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

FS9 has always had a 'problem' with finite battery life, cured totally by the module FSUIPC.

I wonder whether this might be contributing to the failures you are experiencing?

Appliance,

I use the paying version of FSUIPC. This is my 6th year with FS9 and this problem has only been within the past 10 days. Never had a battery life problem, so not too sure if that is the case, as sometimes the problem is at startup of FS9 and with a cold and dark aircraft, sometimes in mid flight.

Sauviat

Martin Parr

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Have you tried starting a new flight using a default aircraft? The problem might be caused by a saved flight, though I confess it really is an odd one that I've not heard of before.

Have you used the trial version of FS Passengers? That's the only program I know of that gives the option to program random failures throughout your addon fleet. If you've tried it, I wonder if it has left a residual file or two somewhere??

Kiwiflyer45,

I use a cold and dark Default Cessna for most setups.

FS Passengers! Don't know it. What is odd is that it is only just recently (10 days) since this has started to happen. There have been no recent add-ons. My main aircraft are the SSTSM Concorde, RFP 747-200 and David Maltby's aircraft - as I like the more complex panels where you can start from cold and dark and there are many functions to attend to before you can fly (ex military aircrew in the 60's!

Sauviat

Martin Parr

I wish I could help some more my friend, but I have no idea. This seems like a really strange issue and I don't recall ever seeing it before. I'm familiar with all of your aircraft except the SSTSM Concorde. Does it have a "systems failure" option that might have become corrupted and is effecting all your aircraft?

I do compliment you on your choice of David Maltby's aircraft by the way. His BAC 111 and Comet IV are two of my favorite aircraft and among the best freeware ever released. If you haven't done so, check out Rick Piper's HS748 - I think you will see a link from Dave's website to where it can be downloaded. I believe the site is British Classics or something to that effect. if you enjoy flying Dave's aircraft, you will love the 748. (Once you can get this strange problem solved!)

Good luck mate

Ian

Ian,

The HS748 is an old favourite, but Derek Palmer's DH104 (Dove) is the closest to me as in the early 50's my family flew regularly by Channel Airways from home in Jersey to Portsmouth. I also have the repaint for RNZAF!

David's VC10 and Trident are among my top spots for pure nostalgia as a passenger. However after 13 transatlantics in BA and AF Concordes in the 1980s, the SSTSIM is almost a weekly event for me now in FS9!

Back to the problem. I will look at all the aircraft I have used since this started to happen. I have opened up the TU154-B2 recently, so as it is all in Russian who knows!

While still open to suggestions, I will report back when I have 'found' the issue.

Thanks,

Sauviat

Martin Parr

Hi All:

As mentioned I can report back on this issue.

The problem still exists, but today with RFP (747-200) I can tell you that that although the hydraulics work and some of the electrics, the FD works the AP doesn't. Civa works, to set it up and show what is happening, but without the AP it is manual only. The flaps and gears work, but comms do not! The panel but the compasses do not! It is these types of items that is making it hard work. On top of all this the throttles are cut back, but the engine continues (landing at Orly (Paris)) it continues just above the runway at 200kts! and then when it is touching the ground, reverse pitch does nothing, but when the 'hand' brake is applied is slowly comes to a halt, over a very long distance!

Something crossed my mind, as some times it all comes to life, but then cuts out. Would this have anything to do with 'scenery' tiles?

Sauviat

Martin Parr

It may be possible that that's the problem. Not sure how scenery files can cause it, but hey. Check the failure settings to see if there are any planned or currently set failures. And being from a cold cockpit, are you sure the alternator switch is on?