Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Carenado Centurion, Enroute to Monterey

Decided to take the Centurion on a short flight from Napa County Apt. to Monterey. The first screenshot is of San Francisco, way down below. Scenery is once again generated by Tileproxy. Enjoy!

John

1015-021_zps3d336825.jpg

1015-022_zps171a5cb8.jpg

1015-023_zps7bcc52c1.jpg

1015-024_zps56f62b7f.jpg

1015-025_zps86c28dd2.jpg

1015-026_zpsb6389e98.jpg

1015-028_zps9f6e576b.jpg

1015-027_zps2b7aa640.jpg

1015-029_zps039c080f.jpg

1015-030_zps54c59dfd.jpg

Nice Set, Both two and six are my favourite of the bunch

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

Between you and James, i'm getting to see a lot of different places, Excellent shots John!!

Adam

HP Omen Obelisk Gaming Computer, Intel Core i7-9700, Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 System Memory 4.7GHz 8 cores, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Graphics with 8GB GDDR6 memory, PSU 750 watts, 1TB hard drive, Samsung T7 2TB SSD, 512 GB SSD, WD 5TB HDD,  Logitech HOTAS X52 Pro Joystick, AOC 27" monitor,

What is Tile Proxy? can you create your own scenery with it?

Tileproxy automatically generates photoreal scenery by pulling down sat. images directly from the web. It does it in real time, as you fly. Scenery coverage for the U.S. is good, elsewhere, such as Europe, it is hit and miss. You need a reliable high speed web connection, a system optimized for FS-X (essentially meaning no background apps except for those required by windows), and some patience since an initial start of FS-X with Tileproxy running can take several minutes. There's more about it here, plus handy install tips:

http://www.edtruthan.com/tileproxy/tutorial/

Note that Ed is not the author of Tileproxy, just someone with good experience and good skills documenting the program. Also note that Tileproxy running on a 64-bit Vista system (and I assume Win 7) like mine requires one to allow loading unsigned drivers at boot time (by pressing F8) before Windows launches. Minor issue, considering what one gets in return.

Regards,

John

John,

Thanks for the quick reply, your scenery screenshots were so realistic I decided to google search it right after I posted that comment, haha downloaded it, installed it........... AND IT IS AWESOME!!! I love flying fsx but its so much better when you know your looking at photoscenery, thanks for your post without people like you posting things like this I would have never discovered this awesome program..

Thanks,

Chris

Yeah...flying over REAL scenery!

HLJAMES

John,

Thanks for the quick reply, your scenery screenshots were so realistic I decided to google search it right after I posted that comment, haha downloaded it, installed it........... AND IT IS AWESOME!!! I love flying fsx but its so much better when you know your looking at photoscenery, thanks for your post without people like you posting things like this I would have never discovered this awesome program..

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

If you search on my posts in this forum, you'll find one contains my proxyuser.ini settings. They allow for tileproxy to look the way it does in my screenshots. I thought that would be helpful for you if you are interested.

Regards,

John