Sign in to follow this  
doorstep

FSX will not install

It gets as far as 'Configuring Windows Installer' then shows 'not responding'.

I'm running W7x64. Any help would be much appreciated please?

Clean the disk.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim for the quick response, appreciated. I have now done that and cleaned the disk drive too, all to no avail :(

I tested the loading by installing another aircraft program which went through without a hitch.

Thanks to all, I have now ordered another copy of FSX Gold as I now suspect the disk is defective. Trouble is, I always really look after my disks and haven't experienced it before.

Have seen a few apps do this before... What security software do you have on your PC?

AVG, for example, is a dog for this, preventing normal things from running properly, and even already installed apps from loading EVER! (Just 1 example)

Will all the contents of the DVD copy to the hard drive???

Dave

Attempting to do that is announced with a 24 hour transfer period per disk. Thanks for the suggestion but I turn my electrical stuff off before bedtime

No copy should take 24 hours, minutes at the most. If audio CD's and movie DVD's play ok then it must be a bad FSX DVD. Might try to copy the DVD on another computer.

Dave

I have Win7, 64bit running AVG and have installed, and then re-installed Gold without issue.

It is memory intensive though, even with multi-core, and I too found transferring the archives took time, although Windows overstated the copy time by a factor of 10. LEt us know what happens with the new disk.

Install as administrator? Remove all traces of any bits of the program that might have installed. I had the same problem and it took me awhile to get it all cleaned out. There is a program at microsoft that helps also. I can't remember the name though. Good luck.

Ralph

I have Win7, 64bit running AVG

Do yourself a favour mate, ditch AVG, and try out Avast....

Soooo much leaner, quicker and far more secure.

Well I sorted it now.

A little man from Katmandu (probably) took over my computer by remote control and made the installer work! Just shows what can be done if you know all the commands eh? Apparantly this os common with Visa and W7.

I have installed FSX on 2 computers with Win XP 32, 2 computers with Vista 64, 2 computers with Win 7 64, all with no problems (using NickN guide). I would be very interested in the "common" problem fix.

Glad it's working for you.

Dave

I wonder if he turned off UAC. Glad to hear you got it running okay. Let's hope you don't have problems running FSX and you can enjoy the software!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10