Sign in to follow this  
rafman925

Skeleton of A/C (737NXG) when opening FSX

After starting FSX and when selecting 737NGX I have a skeleton of an aircraft with flight deck, Engines etc showing as it revolves and no airframe to speak of. When selected I can see through chunks of the Flight Deck that are missing so it is difficult to fly (with all the light and air rushing through and into the Flight Deck)...Can anything be done to sort it?

Is this the PMDG NGX you are talking about? If so there are cfg settings that will help. First we need more info on your PC, and a copy of your fsx.cfg would be helpful.

Make sure you're running FSX SP2 or Acceleration on a 64-bit OS (preferably Win7_x64), then you need to add the "HighMemFix=1" statement to the {Graphics} section of your FSX.cfg file. This will prevent the video issues you're seeing. IIRC, this is actually spelled-out in the Intro-doc for the NGX_8900.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I have the same problem. I'm running FSX SP2 on Win7 64-bit OS. I want to to add the "HighMemFix=1" statement to the {Graphics} section of my FSX.cfg file. I opened up my FSX root folder and clicked on the config folder ( 7th folder down) but could not find the (Graphics) section inside the folder. So I must be in the wrong place. An over sight on my part I'm sure. Can someone give me directions to the place to drop this statement?

thanks-

It should be in "C:\Users\COMPUTER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX" change Computer name for the name of your computer.

or the quick way is to type fsx.cfg in the search box on the bottom and it will bring it up for u

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Your a great lot, I haven't had time to do it yet but I'll be back and let you know how things panned out Rafman925

OK I'm back...I get to fsx.CFG and it will not let me open it (I'm in windows 7) Help Please Help. Rafman925

Hi Rafman, Have you changed folder options yet? If not go to control panel select folders open view tab and untick dont show hidden files and drives and then tick show hidden files and drives.This will allow you to open fsx.cfg file. Hope this helps. Jamie

One thing I do personally is to right click on myfsx.cfg file and send it to the desktop as a shortcut. I go to the properties for the shortcut and change the icon to an FSX icon by browsing in the FSX directory and choosing the one application that has the "yellow" FSX icon. That way I have the yellow icon for my fsx.cfg file and use the blue FSX icon for launching the program. Works great and gives me a quick access to pull up the fsx.cfg file whenever I need to tweak it.

I put the messages in the fsx.cfg file. All is well at first but after a few minutes of rotating in the display window, the A/C skeleton appears again. Not a big deal. I can certainly live with it.

Might have something to do with Halloween.

Right the folder options didn't need changing. I've ensured that SP2 is downloaded, but it still will not let me get into fsx.CFG (the CFG is in capitals - I only say this because I'm an aged person with little brain!!) and hopefully you all can treat me with care....I really need it. Thanks, Rafman925

Hi Rafman925. This is a old issue with FSX. According several posts in this forum the conclusion was the way to install your FSX.

The better way to improve this problem is install FSX, SP1 and SP2 BUT before each patch instalation you should to make a little flight.

Thats it

If you have time, try this. Youcan find a lot of topics regarding this issue here.

Cheers