Sign in to follow this  
severniae

Engine power on takeoff

Hi All,

Just a quick question - I know that TOPCAT can be used for flights with the 737-800, but what about on the -700 for working out take off power? Most of the time I've just been guessing but how does everyone else work this out?

Many thanks,

James

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

TOPCAT does have the -700 data, unfortunately its the wrong engine than whats on the PMDG, i think its the 22K engines, so the data will be a bit more than slightly off.

Why not use the FMC calculations? They take into account TO weights, winds, runway length/slope, temps, flap settings etc.

Why not use the FMC calculations? They take into account TO weights, winds, runway length/slope, temps, flap settings etc.

How would I do that? Would that give me the temperature to enter in?

James W

Why not use the FMC calculations?

The FMC calcs what is, not what if.

Derates and assumed temps are calc'd off of what if scenarios. For that, you need tables or TOPCAT to run the numbers of the what if scenarios.

How would I do that? Would that give me the temperature to enter in?

In order to do that, you go to TAKEOFF page 2 and enter the info, but this will not find derates/assumed temps for you. Useful, but not what you're looking for.

Kyle Rodgers

Ah fair enough - thought for a second there was a massive piece of functionality that i'd been missing!

James W