Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PLund

GPU/APU Problem -600 / 700

Hi Guys,

I got a little problem with the -600 and 700. If starting the APU and I select the APU generators (blue light is on) the mech chime comes on and it seems like there isn´t any connection to the APU.

I get the same problem with the GPU and yes it is available and the light is on. I don´t have this issues with the -800.

Another thing, is there a way to aviod having to enter the activation code every time the NGX is selected ?

Best regards

Peter Lund

Run the installer as an administrator. Also, make sure to give yourself admin rights to your folders (being the admin account is not enough):

To do this, navigate to the Microsoft Games folder on your drive and:Right click on the Flight Simulator X folder:

Select Properties

Select the Security tab at the top

Click on the Users account in the Group box

In the Permissions box, check the box Full Control, Click OK.

This grants you (a User - Tron reference? ) and the programs you use in that folder admin rights to the folder. Essentially, what is happening is the computer is writing the changes (your key assignments) to a 'ghost' (Compatibility Files) folder, which the PMDG Options panel ignores the next time you run it. Using admin rights writes those changes to the actual file, not a file in a 'ghost' folder. As a quick note, if you have problems with any other program (especially when it comes to settings not saving, etc), you should grant admin rights to the program's location first before trying other things. UAC has its place in Windows, but it ends up being a bear if you don't know how to keep it in check.

Probably the activation problem you have is the cause for the faults, however just to be sure you're doing correctly (wich I think as the -800 works) check to have turned the generators online after the lights are on, 737 needs to manually put them on.

Thanks for your answers, it was a problem with the activation.

Didn´t see the key for the -600/700.

Best regards

Peter Lund