Sign in to follow this  
saed45

ai taxi more smooth

so i have noticed that when my ai aircraft taxi they make very sharp turns rather than following centerline. is there anyway to improve this so they dont make sharp turns?

Hi.

I think probably not, unless you want to redraw the taxiways in the afd files by using something like ADE9X to edit the airports and put curves where there are right-angles. I'm pretty sure the AI just follow the afd's lines.

It's worth doing for airports you visit frequently and probably not worth the trouble anywhere else. I think the way they waggle their tails is rather cute, like ducks...

Regards,

D

Unfortunately ai all taxi at the same speed in FS9. If too fast they will skid around turns. In addition in some airport designs the taxi path overlays a rough surface.

I do not recommend slowing down ai taxi speed but in fact recommend speeding them up slightly to reduce congestion especially at runway exit paths. For FS9 this utility includes adjusting ai taxi. In the FS9 Utilities section you'll find:

FS9 Configurator Version 1.6 as fs9cfg16.zip

which works with the 9.1 version of FS9. It offers several adjustments to the operation of FS9. Note that there is no longer developer support for this. Read the documentation as it describes what dlls are modified.

my problem is not really ai taxing too slow or fast. my problem is them turning at odd angles rather than following the center-line.

Yes it is a model thing, some of my Ai do this on too-tight bends, too - but not all.

I transplanted some fde's from ones that didn't and it seemed to improve things.

But the task is too big for all of my AI and so I pretend they are just happy to see me.