Sign in to follow this  
mjrhealth

AMD FX 6300 For those who care

I wil have to do more flying. It used to spend a lot of time in YSSY around 10 to 15 now its mostly at around 25 and accaionaly drops to 15 or so. But as i said i iwll have to do more flying to confrim. Messed around with NB last night,it doesnt seem to have the drastic affect it had on the phenemons. Mind you im struggling to get it to 2400. More testing to do.

The fps you describe does not sound good, also please post your scenery settings. Are you using any scenery add ons ? What is the clock speed your are flying @ ?

I think FX series is not interested in NB.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I think FX series is not interested in NB

Neither were thuban or deneb in my personal experience

Neither were thuban or deneb in my personal experience

My Thuban loves NB , infact my unlocked Thuban.

My Thuban loves NB , infact my unlocked Thuban.

Your 960T is actually not Thuban, but Zosma... well, it doesn't really matter, they're all K10 after all.

BTW, Do any of those extra two cores unlock? just curious

Your 960T is actually not Thuban, but Zosma... well, it doesn't really matter, they're all K10 after all.

BTW, Do any of those extra two cores unlock? just curious

Yes they are unlocked and @4.0 Ghz @1.57v and stable rock solid :) Yes it's a Zosma based on a Thuban and when you unlock , CPUID will show it as a Thuban.

My NB is @2800.

Ignore the sig as the mobo and the GPU have changed. And very soon you may see it as an IB probably i5 3xxx something and a decent mobo which need to be under $450 ie around 22500 INR. But not this year hopefully in Jan.

I am pulling 28 (have locked it to 28) fps in NL2000 and lows to 22 , in KJFK it is around 26 high and 19-18 low. After I chaged the GPU the quality is amazing.

All my settings are max but water to high 1.x except scenery complexity to Very Dense , Autogen to Dense and Special Effects to low , Air traffic is above 60%, and using REX and NL2000.

and forgot to mention a tweaked fsx.cfg from bojotes.

This is an awesome processor i havent tested it on FSX yet but im going to, I been reading up on some posts on here and some of you say you guys cant get the chip high enough, but i managed to get it stable at 4.8GHz for 24/7, SCR shot below

This is an awesome processor i havent tested it on FSX yet but im going to, I been reading up on some posts on here and some of you say you guys cant get the chip high enough, but i managed to get it stable at 4.8GHz for 24/7, SCR shot below

You got to try FSX and then tell us the performance on the FX series.

Got mine to 4.5 droped the nb it doesnt seem to make such a big difference as t did on the 1090t. Currently FSB at 215 Multi X21 NB and HT at 2150 no point pushing further

I don't you should be touching the HT. 4.5 sounds good now get in the pit and tell us how it feels.

Yes I know the HT doesnt do anything ive done a lot of meesing with my old 1090t to see it has little affect, but it is stable where it is. WPRIME is faster with a 100meg clock increase than a 100 meg nb increase. I might try for 2.6 tomorrow if i dont have to up the volts much. flying so much smoother. Theer will always be a dip in frames at yssy, you can fly anywhere around the aiport with 30 FPS but as soon as you look towards the airport they drop, which is why orbx havnt done it. But i am enjoying the flying not a single crash and i have treid quiet a few different planes. Sydney. Coffs, hawai, ocean connie on route to perth, all good.

Keep HT to 2000, because HT will not give any performance increase, it is NB which gives better performance but the FX series does not like NB.

ok. 30 is still better but I would prefer something like 60 and that is only achievable with SB or IB.

Guys can you please help me out with the fsx.cfg .

I got the fx 6300 and applied the bojote tweak.

For some reason only cores 4,5,6 are taking the load and cores 1,2,3 are not taking are idling with little load...What should i add or subtract in the.cfg ?

The cpu is overclocked to 4.0ghz

Guys can you please help me out with the fsx.cfg .

I got the fx 6300 and applied the bojote tweak.

For some reason only cores 4,5,6 are taking the load and cores 1,2,3 are not taking are idling with little load...What should i add or subtract in the.cfg ?

The cpu is overclocked to 4.0ghz

It will probably be an AffinityMask setting in your fsx.cfg, I'm guessing it's set to 14 which is for a quad core CPU, set it to 62 which is the equivalent for a six core CPU it should  leave a single core unused for non FSX processing but utilize the remaining ones.

Got fx 6300 its better than fx 6100 overall its  benchmakes are 70% of what i5 2500k is now, and 50% of I5 3570k.  Its good price for a CPU and fx 6100 has terrible performance actually. The fx 6300 chip is 2 generations behind what Ivy Bridge has but it narrow the gap on the I5 2500k and I 3570k.  The benchmarks show on single threaded applications fx 6300 score 5.9 on the fx 6100 scored 3.2 on the and 9.5 on the I5 3570k.   Even if AMD narrow the gap on the older processors intel jumps ahead on the new ones.  Like the fx 6300 overall its way better than the old fx 6100 I had.