Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

What happened to the MAAM announcement post?

Guest Milamber

Well I can tell you that in the U.S. the form of the message is not libelous if the content is true. U.S. Law does not make the distinction that you dutch do :) So if the allegations are true then it's not libelous. But of course the 'truth' of the matter is the key point.

>Tom, we all hit the wrong button every now and then (grin)!>Yet I'm quite happy that the thread in question is gone, for>it was beginning to mightily backfire against MAAM.Hmm- you have said this several times in this thread-- yet, I do not share that idea. I have noticed within the Fsim community that talented Primma Donnas frequently pack up their bags and walk off the stage with promises never to return. Whilst I admire talent and excellent work, I can't bear Primma Donnas. So I am hoping that one very large one soon decides to no longer participate in the game.Barry

Hi Matt,>Roy is in England. MAAM is in the USA. International court cases don't happen unless you have several million dollars to spend bringing suit.:) Bringing smaller claims is much more straightforward. If MAAM feel they have a case, they would present it to a US court, but only claim copyright violations under those sections of the US code, which are compatible with the Berne convention and/or English copyright law. If they get a judgment in their favour, they can apply to an English County Court for recognition of a foreign judgment. The cost involved is minimal, and in most cases it doesn't even require a hearing. As to Jaap's suggestion about libel, while his observations are true of most European jurisdictions, it is notoriously difficult to bring successful libel actions in the States, as the US courts traditionally attach great weight to one's right to freedom of expression. Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest Matt Johnson

>Bringing smaller claims is much more straightforward. If MAAM>feel they have a case, they would present it to a US court,>but only claim copyright violations under those sections of>the US code, which are compatible with the Berne convention>and/or English copyright law. If they get a judgment in their>favour, they can apply to an English County Court for>recognition of a foreign judgment. The cost involved is>minimal, and in most cases it doesn't even require a hearing.I stand corrected; didn't know this was a possible course of action.Regards,--M

I think the comments you refer to on that forum are perhaps a result of maybe too much up trim. FS2002 flight models, whatever you design, are prone to feeling "light" if you input tons of up trim because FS2002 uses trim effectively as a weight transfer from front to rear. All I can say is that I made great efforts to give this aircraft a "bomber" feel by making control inputs sluggish, and the Maam pilots who tested the f/m reported similar "feel" in the real aircraft.Thanks for your kind comments. Since none of us has the slightest personal financial interest in Maam, whatever folks wish to think, we are a dedicated team interested in two things: supporting the Maam organisation and producing the best quality aircraft we are capable of.Kind Regards,Rob Young

HI Larry,Well, we think we did reasonably well. The real aircraft tends to raise it's nose at the incredibly low airspeed of 45 mph. I think we managed to enable the same at a little more, perhaps 50-55 mph...with a little up trim.To achieve this took a great deal of tweaking, since most aircraft of this size, weight and aspect would normally refuse to point up at nearly twice this speed - so we were quite happy with the result.Of course you CAN get some aircraft to raise the nose at ten knots, but you should see what happens after you take off!Cheers,Rob

Rob ---Reading from the statement on the other forum, it was mentioned that the MAAM model seemed lighter ---- but with force feedback. When I tested both models last evening , the MAAM model actually seemed to have more mass to me, but without force feedback which I wouldn't use anyway. When I pulled thottles on one side, both models seemed nearly identical in yaw and the amount of rudder pedal to correct. All in all, they feel and react very similar.Of course we all have different opinions. The other writer preferred Roy's version of the exterior, while I think the MAAM exterior is probably the most detailed I've ever run across, seeing how I'm into real rivits and sheetmetal (aluminum). But then the "other one" looks great with it's polished surfaces too! L.Adamson

Guest A321

>Greetings Adamson!>>"(...) Roy started some of the name calling in statements>issued with>his B-25 release (...)">>Sure, I've read that. But it's on a totally different level>from accusingly screaming "Thief! Thief! Thief!" across the>ocean so loudly that I can hear it in my peaceful little>cottage in my country town of Ede. The writings of Chaffin>would, if directed against me, make me shrug my shoulders. The>accusations and choice of words of Strine though, would prompt>me to break open the faithful 12-gauge, and start looking for>the shells (wide and wicked grin)!>>"(...) looks like opinions seem to be which side of>the "pond" we're on (...)">>Naaaah... I dislike Pommies just as much as I dislike Yanks>(evil grin)!>>And yes... I'm still keeping both Mitchells too! >>Jaap Verduijn.I find your comment I dislike Pommies just as much as I dislike Yanks insulting, where are you from? If its Australia, then please, smell what your shoveling!!!! (even bigger evil grin)

HI Larry,That's an interesting point. Sometimes getting an f/m flying true compromises the Force Feedback capabilities. Difficult to explain in a forum post without boring you but the stresses on FF routines increase vastly when you introduce slipping and other non-standard stuff into an FS flight model. Thus I erred on the side of caution and avoided force feedback excesses, which explains another reason why this chap finds it "light".In fact it's not light at all but the FF forces are less draconian. On a "normal" joystick you won't feel any difference.regards,Rob

Guest Javis

Sorry,folks, Jaap Verduin is a fellow countryman of mine and i really need to speak to him in our own language to make my point. Hope you'll forgive me. If someone really wants a translation i'll be happy to provide it later.>Only because I see the idiotic evidence in front of me, I find>it possible to believe that people can be so utterly, totally>and incredibly stupid as Rambow and Strine have shown>themselves to be in this issue. I believe it because I see it,>but I still find it totally incomprehensible that people who>ought to know better, dig their own graves with such an>enormous dedication and energy.>>Jaap Verduijn.H

>Well I can tell you that in the U.S. the form of the message is not libelous if the content is true.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Hi Jan,yes, I'd definitely like a translation of your post. Is the translation to the first sentence 'Hi, Jaap, was it really necessary to kick my friend Bill Rambow to the ground in such a manner??' Sorry, my Dutch is a bit rusty, but I'd really like to read (and understand) your full post.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest Guruswarmyoz

>Greetings Matt!>>"(...) It is not outside the realms of possibility that this>may be>explained away to a miscommunication (...)">>The sad but highly amusing thing is that this might even be>true! Which is yet another reason to protect Strine and Rambow>(and "our" money so many of us donated!) from themselves, and>remove the counterproductive MAAM statement from the AVSIM>site. >>As a writer, editor and publisher with close to four decades>experience, I find it incomprehensible that AVSIM published>Strine's statement, which is worded in such a way that it does>MAAM more harm than good, and will continue to do so as long>as it stays up.>>As I said before: they're yelling, shouting, accusing,>insulting and screaming like banshees, while in comparison Roy>Chaffin behaves with the laudable restraint of an English>country gentleman (grin)! >>Jaap Verduijn.Jaap.You'd be interested in this (i hope). Recently in Australia a prominant business man successfully sued the Wall Street Journal for Defamation of character under Australian Defamation Laws. The Wall Street Journal was so concerned about this course of action that they had tried to stop the Defamation suit against them in the High Court Of Australia, claiming that Australian Defamation laws had no juristicion as they had published their article on an American website.The ruling of the High Court found in Favour of the Australian Business man and the thus meaning of this ruling was that no matter where INTERNET content is published (this does not apply to print material, TV etc), it is considered as to be freely accessable to all those within a certain legal juristicion (in this case Australia) & thus it is to be considered as published in the country concerened (i.e. Australia).The crux of my point is that after this High Court ruling is that in concern with the internet it no longer matters where you publish an article, comment etc international boundaries do not apply & thus Solicitors/Lawyers/QC's/Barristers will use this precedence in considering their respective arguments.In having no idea as to the extent of defamation laws in the USA or the UK (i do know that Aust Defamation laws are a lot tougher in respect as to what you CAN say about someone etc), it would remain to be seen if anyone concerend could take legal action in respect to defamation if any published material that we have seen so far.Please note: I am abstaining from this Maam sim debate, I have only put this here as a point of interest only.