Sign in to follow this  
flying_bob

B200 introductory flight tutorial

Now available.

Also include a custom weather theme for the flight (just to make it easier to set up for the flight

Also included a slightly different weather theme where cloud cover extend all the way south instead of clearing up as you travel south. (for redoing it for a second/third time maybe)

HUGE thank you to kurt who let me use his C90 tutorial for this flight who have basically already done most of the work. Thanks.

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxmisc&DLID=172591

Thank you very very much for this tutorial.

And since you are mentionning Kurt...I read his tutorial for the Aeroworx version. He is referencing to a fuel planner that seems to come with the Aeroworx package. But it is an Exel sheet. Do you know if we can find it and use it with the Carenado one ?

Thanks again for the work.

Souheil

Thanks for this.

Question:

On the Before Engine Starting check how do you check for 23 VDC minimun¿? I cannot find VDC readout on any gauge, the overhead only has Generator loadmeters and AC volt - freq (inverters).

Thank you very very much for this tutorial.

And since you are mentionning Kurt...I read his tutorial for the Aeroworx version. He is referencing to a fuel planner that seems to come with the Aeroworx package. But it is an Exel sheet. Do you know if we can find it and use it with the Carenado one ?

Thanks again for the work.

Souheil

YEs it is available and it can be used with carenado, even though I initially find it difficult to use, but once you know and understand how it work it becomes easier. Luckily I have had the aeroworx and therefore the fuel planner still on an old system that I used for fs9

Hey Bob,

Sorry I asked the same question over the other topic before discovering you did answer it in here.

Does it mean that this FS9 load sheet is protected by Copyright and can't be share ?

And if it is not protected, could you tell me where to find it please.

Thanks for your help.

Souheil

I am not to sure about copyright on the exell spreadsheet and if it can be publicly shared or not. I have send you a PM in this regard

Thanks for this.

Question:

On the Before Engine Starting check how do you check for 23 VDC minimun¿? I cannot find VDC readout on any gauge, the overhead only has Generator loadmeters and AC volt - freq (inverters).

it is not so well simulated. hopefully maybe corrected in SP2 or 3 or 4 or 5....

Untitled-1.jpg

I added custom battery popup to monitor battery power.

Glad it wasn't just me, I spent ages yesterday looking for the voltmeter, seems a strange oversight by Caranado.

flying_bob, how do you get a battery popup?

Thanks

Eugene

Eugene

this is what I did. i added a gauge I made myself to the autopilot popup.

power1.jpg

I will upload the gauge somewhere where you can get it if you want it.. Need to get a place first.

Yeah I really thought this would have been corrected in SP1, but yeah maybe we can expect only just so much.. There are so many little things that could have been corrected (a few gauges) that would not even have taken 2 days.. and I mean MANY little things.. but then again maybe I am expecting too much, but I do love a good system simulation (or for that matter a "better" SP released), well at least the elementary things SHOULD be working.

What a great plane this could be but most probably it will stay as this.. Let's see if carendo want to come to the table..! I mean it is not much to do, that will make this an outstanding plane (not just a good looker, but actually an awesome performer and keeper).

What I dont understand is that some of these things have actually been released correctly in the C90, however in the B200 it just do not work.. :O

EDIT

Ok if you want you can grab the file here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?78ckg97r0nqbku7

This file is already in correct format, no need to futher extract. Just download "VOLTAGE_B200.cab" and drop the cab file into your panel folder of the B200.

Now make a backup of panel.cfg (incase you mess up.)

Ok now open panel.cfg with notepad.

Scroll down to [Window03]

replace the whole window03 with section as below.

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Window03]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=300 , 670
visible=0
ident=10030
position=7
no_luminous=1
window_pos=  0.780, 0.350
window_size= 0.220, 0.650
gauge00=VOLTAGE_B200!voltage_popup,   150,  0, 150,150
gauge01=GAUGEB200!Gauge_AUTOPILOT_C90 ,           0,150, 300,520

SAVE the panel.cfg

start fsx.

Load B200

everytime you load use autopilot popup you will also see the power gauge (shift+4)

thats it.

Hello Bob,

thank you so much for giving us options and for your contribution to this IMHO after SP1 wonderfull bird!

BTW as loyal customers don´t we all learn pretty much how to help ourselves and customize FSX-stuff after all ?! I personally see that as a BIG plus! :lol:

Many thanks for the gauge Bob, and the excellent tutorial, just been reading it, it's answered a lot of questions for me, looks great, all the information needed in one place, great screenshots, one of the best tutorials ever,

Shame they won't let the copilot HSI course arrow work independently of the Captains, if flying non RNAV it can be very useful the watch the copilots beam bar centre as I hit an intersection. Seems odd, I can set a second freq on NAV2, the Nav 2 RMI works fine, but the HSI won't work independently of Capts HSI. I know I can achieve the same by viewing NAV2 on the HSI, but it's a little less accurate due to the size of the gauge. Maybe service pack 2!

Many thanks for your superb work,

Eugene

Guys,

The load sheet I developed for the Aeroworx King Air is just a spread sheet version of the Beechcraft load sheet right out of the POH. I don't have a copy any more...but I'm sure someone could put one together pretty easily. As I recall, mine didn't do any fuel calculations for you, but I can share these rough planning guidelines, found somewhere in the Internet recently while doing research for my current King Air project:

Standard fuel consumption: 800 lbs/hour

Taxi fuel: 90 lbs

Reserve Fuel:

Fixed Reserve 300 lbs

Holding Fuel: 420 lbs

Variable Reserve: 10% of flight fuel

These numbers are for the stock B200

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200