Sign in to follow this  
AndyPaul

FTX Regions - Can more than one be active at the same time?

Hello there,

I am considering to buy some FTX regions. While trying out the demo regions, it was not possible to activate more than one region at the same time in FTX Central. Although FTX is more a GA oriented product, I am wondering if there is some way to activate two or more regions at the same time for intercontinental flights, say e.g. from EU Eng to US PNW?

Cheers,

Andreas

In a word: no. Otherwise there would be no need to have the regions (and they've said they'd really rather not). The suggested least worst alternative is to set your destination as the region since the nose is mostly up on the way out.

I don't think it matters which region you select in FTX Central, all the regions load. And why couldn't you load all the regions, it's not like they will overlap/interfere with each other. Here are a couple of screens of my scenery file using SCM2004:

FTX_1.jpg

FTX_2.jpg

I am sure that if I wanted to I could fly from PNW to NZSI without having to stop and load the different sceneries, I could be wrong though.

\Robert Hamlich/

I am sure that if I wanted to I could fly from PNW to NZSI without having to stop and load the different sceneries,

Yes,but when arriving in NZ,you wont see the ORBX NZ region depicted,if you have FTX central set for North America.

I think all your autogen will be mucked up if you tried running all regions active?

Regards.

Ok, I see what you mean. I checked YSSY Sydney first and everything was ok, I then went to NZCH Christchurch and the runway's and taxiways were not at the same height as all the buildings. So what I would essentially have to do is change the ordering if I was to fly from YSSY to NZCH and place NZCH at the top of the ordering scheme, is that right?

Guess I will have to have a read at the Orbx forums.

\Robert Hamlich/

I remember flying in PNW when I believe I had Oceania/NZ as the active region. While the scenery mostly looked like regular PNW, the main difference was that the airports had a major plateau effect.