Sign in to follow this  
IAF747

Feelthere Airbus Evolution Autopilot Faulty?

http://secure.simmar...-2-deluxe.phtml

After the Award-winning Airbus Series Vol.1, 737 Pilot in Command,... Wilco Publishing and feelThere.com now bring fresh air in the Airbus aircraft simulation field.

Airbus Evolution is mostly based on this product, I own this and evolution upgrade for it and I can definitely say that evolution is this product with just some new features added and old ones modified, most of systems, graphics and flight dynamics are identical with old non evolution one.

So Airbus Evolution although apparently developed from older version as independent Wilco product still obviously has a lot of Feelthere developed stuff under the hood, left from older release.

So there goes Scoob once again (you'll catch him on FS forums all over the world, saying that same "nothing, zero, nada, zilch" quote), being nothing but pedantic, and offering no real help regarding the actual issue at hand .... par for the course......

Anyhoo....

One of the most common reasons for the Feelthere WHATEVER Evolution Airbus Series, wildly climbing or descending, is if there is a altitude constraint within a SID that you are flying, and you forget it, and set the Alt on the FCU to higher than the SID constraint value, then press CLB (managed climb). The aircraft will initially climb towards the FCU set altitude, but then gets confused and dives (or climbs).

To avoid the issue, if you have a SID with an altitude constraint (eg 5000) which you then want to pass, always use OPEN CLIMB (Alt knob PULL), and not Managed climb.

Hope this helps.

Oh by the way........ did you know that the Wilco Evolution Airbuses are nothing, zero, nada, zilch to do with feelThere... (apart from the 95% of the code that is the Feelthere Airbus series). :wink:

yeah so like I said, its the feelthere plane. Just has an added WX radar and some HUD. Wilco just basically re-released the feelthere plane to make some money off it.

Its called the Feelthere/Wilco Airbus EVO - Because more than 98% of it is a feelthere product.

Feelthere had more than something to do with it.

Feelthere had more than something to do with it.

Of course they did(Pre Evo).

However, the point is, that they(Feelthere) were not responsible for the EVO "upgrade".

That was done under the auspices of Wilco. :t0103:

Regards.

So there goes Scoob once again (you'll catch him on FS forums all over the world, saying that same "nothing, zero, nada, zilch" quote), being nothing but pedantic, and offering no real help regarding the actual issue at hand .... par for the course......

comments like this leave me of the opinion that you really need to look at yourself ... a comment like this, said when physically stated in front of a person, would result in you likely getting punched in the nose.

if you feel that my 20+ years of flightsim experience, 10 years of involvement with a flight sim developer and membership with AVSIM since the first www presence are worth nothing than just don't respond.

again, feelThere HAS NOTHING to do with the EVO airbus releases. no idea what changes to code, no idea at all what/how/where was done to what/where system or modeling. using 'feelThere' in description is faulty as feelThere is not involved. If you need support or have questions you need to contact the developer – WILCO PUBLISHING.

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Well I think you should then tell Wilco to get rid of word "Feelthere" from their aircraft texts in aircraft.cfg.

comments like this leave me of the opinion that you really need to look at yourself ... a comment like this, said when physically stated in front of a person, would result in you likely getting punched in the nose.

I would happily say what I said right in front of you David.

(and tacit physical threats don't worry me one bit :wink: .... but are a bit below the belt coming from someone representing a developer in a public ocmmunity).

I too have been in this hobby 20+ years buddy, and have been buying feelThere products since the outset, and I just happen to find your 'flavour' of support and communication very pedantic and often unhelpful.

Have you or have you not made that "nothing, zero, nada, zilch" comment" across many, many forums within the hobby? (often ignoring the real request for help, just to focus on your pedantic point). It's tiring........

Take the feedback and do something useful with it. :wink:

Take the feedback and do something useful with it. :wink:

What precisely would you suggest he (David) do about a product over which he no longer has any control whatsoever?

That's akin to demanding that the "Yost Group" (authors of the original 3d Studio Max) fix the bugs that Autodesk's own programmers introduced in Max2012... :nea:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Have you or have you not made that "nothing, zero, nada, zilch" comment" across many, many forums within the hobby? (often ignoring the real request for help, just to focus on your pedantic point). It's tiring.......

Welllllll....let's be fair here. Every time there is a discussion about a crap WILCO product, someone has to always chime in with "typical FeelThere" because they believe that the companies are on in the same. If someone were to blame you of something that you didn't do, wouldn't you get tired of hearing as well???? Would you not try to set the record straight and by the 100th time someone says it get a bit angry?

Just my thought.

Easy: (1) If you have never flown (in FSX) any Airbus, start by flying the "toy" "light" ones. Then, after studying and learning how to fly the Wilco Airbus series go back and try it. Wilco Airbus is NOT a lite version. (2) You must learn how to fly the advanced stuff. This is not your typical Boeing or Cessna a/c. And, the last time I checked neither PMDG nor Level D has tried to simulate such an advanced a/c-- This is NOT your typical Boeing a/c !

Cheers. I was flying on the tutorial flight, step by step. I'll try it again one day.

Thanks to all those who contributed here. I set the computer up for takeoff then proceeded to Flex Thrust. Everything was programmed. I don't see why things should go wrong.

I think the tutorial flight is a bit light on the detail once takeoff commences.

Maybe someone could add some steps for me?