Sign in to follow this  
krwynn

Tried to upload Scenery package twice

Sorry about that.

While the library is set to accept files up to 500MB, the server actually has a limit set on it for 300MB. Took a while and some digging around to find that out. That setting overrides anything we set in the library and we're checking to see if it would be advisable to increase that limit.

For now anything over 300MB will get rejected. The other file (from 'krwynn') was just 315MB and that's why it wouldn't go through. As for your file - for now, if you want to upload right away, you'll have to split it in two and upload the 2 zips that way. We can link them so that they're both easy to find together. Alternatively you can give us a couple of days and hopefully by end of the weekend we will be able to tell you if we will be increasing the size limit or leaving it at 300MB. Again sorry for all that.

Ok thanks. I will hold off uploading here until I see that the limit is removed. It would seem that if you accept 500MB files you wouldn't want the limit of the server set at 300. That doesn't make much sense. I have uploaded the files to flightsim.com and to my Google Drive account. I will upload at AVSIM as well when the limit is removed. I don't want to break it up into 2 files. Thanks for the reply.

Brandon Thetford

Rest assured we haven't forgotten about this.

Sorry for the delay, its still being decided on whether to increase the server upload limit by the higher ups. I've put my vote all for it.

Will let you know as soon as a decision is reached.

OK - its all set. Library will now accept files up to 500MB in size with no problems. Just tested it out in detail and it works fine.

krwynn,

I've put your file in the library:

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=pompeii_italy.zip

Its one of the files I already used in the upload tests so thought to leave it in. Let me know if there is something you want changed or if you want it removed