Sign in to follow this  
krwynn

Tried to upload Scenery package twice

I've tried to upload the Pompeii, Italy and Mount Vesuvious Freeware package a couple of times. It's a large file, 300gb. It takes a while to upload and then when finished it goes back to the upload screen. It's been a week or so and it's still not showing up in the library.

I have not seen it come in.

We will look into it and see what the problem is. It is a zip archive correct?

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

I have not seen it come in.

We will look into it and see what the problem is. It is a zip archive correct?

Yes. Its exactly as I uploaded to flightsim.

What is the filename?

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

I've tried to upload the Pompeii, Italy and Mount Vesuvious Freeware package a couple of times. It's a large file, 300gb. It takes a while to upload and then when finished it goes back to the upload screen. It's been a week or so and it's still not showing up in the library.

You're trying to upload a 300GB file?!

Is that a typo, did you mean to say 300MB?

Please take note that our maximum size for uploads is 500MB. Anything more will be rejected automatically.

300MB will go through fine, 300GB will most certainly not - that's just too much, its roughly over 307000MB!

EDIT:

What is the filename?

Dave,

Think he may have meant this one - 'pompeii_italy.zip'

just checked on FS.com

Its coming up as 315MB when trying to download it from there.

With a download speed of '49.4kb/s' its going to take over an hour to get it from there. Not sure what happened to FS.com's download speeds it used to be much faster before.

krwynn,

Is that the file?

Please take not that our maximum size for uploads is 500MB. Anything more will be rejected automatically.

300MB will go through fine, 300GB will most certainly not - that's just too much, its roughly over 307000MB!

EDIT:

Dave,

just checked on FS.com

With a download speed of '49.4kb/s' its going to take over an hour to get it from there. Not sure what happened to FS.com's download speeds it used to be much faster before.

krwynn,

Is that the file?

Yes. thats it. Sorry about the typo.

Please take not that our maximum size for uploads is 500MB. Anything more will be rejected automatically.

EDIT:

Dave,

just checked on FS.com

krwynn,

Is that the file?

Yea I just realized that. Lack of sleep syndrome for me. We can't upload a whole hard drive here. :P

As for speeds over there, they throttle the dl's if you don't pay.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

krwynn,

Did you get a message and an e-mail (with an MD5 checksum) that we have received your file?

I've processed a couple of files in the library that are over 250MB and they go through fine.

The limit per upload we've set is 500MB, your file at 300MB should go through fine. Make sure there's no strange characters in the filename, that its not corrupt or anything and make sure its just a simple zip (we don't accept other file formats).

Take note that it does take a little bit of time to upload a 300MB file and the speed depends on what limits your ISP has set on upload speeds (these generally tend to be much lower than your download speed). If anything happens to interrupt the upload process the file will get corrupted and may not even make it to us for processing.

After you finish uploading the file, you'll see a message saying:

We've got your file. Unless you uploaded the wrong file, you don't need to upload it again.

In order to complete the upload process, you must click "Finish".

Then you click on 'Finish the Upload procedure' and you're done.

If you use Google Chrome to upload, it will show you the Upload's progress in % in the lower left corner of the screen.

krwynn,

Did you get a message and an e-mail (with an MD5 checksum) that we have received your file?

I've processed a couple of files in the library that are over 250MB and they go through fine.

The limit per upload we've set is 500MB, your file at 300MB should go through fine. Make sure there's no strange characters in the filename, that its not corrupt or anything and make sure its just a simple zip (we don't accept other file formats).

Take note that it does take a little bit of time to upload a 300MB file and the speed depends on what limits your ISP has set on upload speeds (these generally tend to be much lower than your download speed). If anything happens to interrupt the upload process the file will get corrupted and may not even make it to us for processing.

After you finish uploading the file, you'll see a message saying:

We've got your file. Unless you uploaded the wrong file, you don't need to upload it again.

In order to complete the upload process, you must click "Finish".

Then you click on 'Finish the Upload procedure' and you're done.

If you use Google Chrome to upload, it will show you the Upload's progress in % in the lower left corner of the screen.

No I did not. Will try again. I'm using Firefox. No strange characters. Its the exact same file I uploaded to Flightsim. Haven't changed anything and it is a zip file.

Thanks

No luck. Used Chrome this time so I could see the stopping point. It got to 65% uploaded and then returned me to the first upload page where you start the process.

No idea what it could be.

-Kevin

I've checked around the library system and it should accept the full file.

We'll download the file from FS.com and try to upload it as a test to see what's up. Its going to take a little bit of time though.

I've checked around the library system and it should accept the full file.

We'll download the file from FS.com and try to upload it as a test to see what's up. Its going to take a little bit of time though.

No problem. Thanks for help. Much appreciated.

No problem. Thanks for help. Much appreciated.

Don't mention it.

It uploaded your file up to 100% for me and then dropped it all and went back to the first screen - like it did for you.

I think we've tracked the problem down. Will keep you updated as we try and sort this out.

Just to drop in here I have also tried to upload a scenery package that is 439MB in size and I am having the same issue. The upload drops about halfway or more and then goes right back to the main upload screen. I have tried both Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers with the same result. The package uploaded fine to Flightsim.com through their FTP server. Thanks for the help.

Brandon Thetford

Sorry about that.

While the library is set to accept files up to 500MB, the server actually has a limit set on it for 300MB. Took a while and some digging around to find that out. That setting overrides anything we set in the library and we're checking to see if it would be advisable to increase that limit.

For now anything over 300MB will get rejected. The other file (from 'krwynn') was just 315MB and that's why it wouldn't go through. As for your file - for now, if you want to upload right away, you'll have to split it in two and upload the 2 zips that way. We can link them so that they're both easy to find together. Alternatively you can give us a couple of days and hopefully by end of the weekend we will be able to tell you if we will be increasing the size limit or leaving it at 300MB. Again sorry for all that.