Sign in to follow this  
molleh

A neat Ipad apps for FSX?

I was wondering if anyone knew of any neat Ipad apps that could interface with FSX somehow. I know there's FS Kneeboard but I'm not needing the detailed charts and stuff, I was hoping for maybe in-flight weather reports, moving map, destination weather info, all that kinda stuff.

Thanks for any suggestions :)

I don't want to hijack this thread...but please suggest the ones that would work with the Samsung Android Tablet 2 as well. For I ordered one yesterday.

:)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

The iPad ones I have are (in no particular order):

AirTrack

FSXFollow

FSXRadar

FSXControl

WideFSMap

Air Nav Pro

RF Nav HD

Don't ask me for reviews of these. I don't really use any of them very much since acquiring Aivlasoft's EFB which is running on a 10" USB touch screen mounted permanently in my cockpit.

Regards

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Pete, did you ever post shots of your cockpit in the FSX setup pictures thread?? :rolleyes:

No.

FS Kneeboard 2 looks incredible

Yes, lovely for North American users. The only thing it does for us in Europe is provide some checklists! :-(

Regards

Pete

No.

Yes, lovely for North American users. The only thing it does for us in Europe is provide some checklists! :-(

Regards

Pete

I thought that too being European and all although this shows you what we can do

FS Wigets for sure....PS, I am going to get the Samsung just to see the Widget in actiom B42L8

I thought that too being European and all although this shows you what we can do

That's all very nice -- but it isn't easy, or even necessarily possible, to download all the charts one needs for European airports and procedures. I do have them all in Navigraph, and I have a full (expensive) set of Jeppesen's on paper, but scanning all the latter is a turesome job,. I've been pressing Navigraph to do an iPad version of their program for some time. that would be the best solution all round IMO.

The very best iPad APP I've seen is the pilot's professional one from Jeppesen, but that's not only expensive but is only sold on subscription. if it were sold as a one-time issue, like the paper charts, I would probably go that route.

Regards

Pete

For charting I would love jeppesen or Lido like in Itunes just one finger and you update the chart you need even if it's 5€ per chart.

I don't understand why they are still wait for such market

here the lido chart from lufthansa

https://itunes.apple...d413078249?mt=8

http://mobility.lhsystems.com/

there is also someone who crete this app maybe he just update chart with eurocontrol AIP, i still haven't purchase but looks interesting.

https://itunes.apple...d413544024?mt=8

I think the market is really ready to use those tablet for EFB or visual gauge but all just work with fsx default.

Can you imnagine Airtrack app configurated with the NGX used as FMC or ND PFD etc..