Sign in to follow this  
michaelohalloran

FS9 Crash / Not responding Help Please

Hello everyone

The last couple of weeks i have been having a horrible problem with my flight sim, It just started freezing and then saying not responding after i had taken off or landed at an airport.

I removed everything i had added, i have even formatted my laptop, I purchased a brand new FS2004 set and installed that in a fresh format of my laptop.

I downloaded a posky A320 and tried to do a flight with that and after takeoff it still did the same, I am running windows 7 and have followoed all the tips for installing FS9 on windows 7.

I'm not lost with what to do, or what tips.

The only thing i was wondering is would my joystick by chance cause flight sim to crash? I can't think of anything else other than my josytick causing a problem somehow?

I hope someone could help me.. I'm unable to play the game at all.

Thank you.

Hi mate,

Any error messages displayed on the screen when the crash occurs?

Are you using anything other than default AI??

Have you tried deleting your fs9.cfg file and getting FS to rebuild it during startup?

Regards,

Ralf..

Flight Simulator - MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 Pro |  HDD - 1 x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVME M.2 (OS) - 1 x WD Blue 1TB NVME M.2 (Software) - 1 x WD Blue (SMR) 2TB 3.5 SATA (Storage) | Main Board - MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK | CPU - AMD Ryzen 7, 5800X (3.8Ghz) Un-clocked | RAM - 64GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo RGB DDR4 3600Mhz | Video Card - MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming X TRIO 10GB Monitor - SAMSUNG 49" LC49RG90 ULTRAWIDE | VR Headset - HP Reverb G2 |  Case - Corsair 5000D Airflow | CPU Cooling - Corsair ICUE H115i Elite Cappelix 280MM | Power Supply - Gigabyte AORUS AP850GM 850W 
Controls - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke & Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant + Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus Edition + CH Products Pro Pedals 

f70zmw-6.png

If you have formatted your laptop and installed everything fresh and FS9 is still crashing then I suspect you have a hardware problem. Could be memory, hdd, gpu, or power. You can download Memtest 86+ and put it on a bootable CD to check your memory. There are also free hdd tests from your hdd manufacturer. I would be looking towards a failing piece of hardware. You could also unplug your joystick and try using FS9 just to rule out the joystick.I use a CH yoke and my original one started giving me problems in FS9 years ago. This one connected via a serial port. I bought one of the newer (at the time) USB CH yoke and it cleared up my problems. But if you have done fresh installs then my bet is on hardware.

Bob

As Ralf (quantas81) say ,remove your FS9 cfg then restart the sim a new one will be created automatically .This is simple to do and often fixes mysterious FS9 problems.

You will find that the sim goes back to its default settings but that's no big deal at all and won't take you long to reset to your preference. If it fixes your problem then you won't worry about having to do that.

Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Hi guys, thanks for the reply.. i used the event viewer and here is the error i get.. seems weather.dll is causing the problem.

Faulting application name: fs9.exe, version: 9.1.0.40901, time stamp: 0x4135a208

Faulting module name: Weather.DLL, version: 9.1.0.40901, time stamp: 0x4135a88e

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00002076

Faulting process id: 0x1288

Faulting application start time: 0x01cdcbfe208d7af0

Faulting application path: C:\FS2004\fs9.exe

Faulting module path: C:\FS2004\MODULES\Weather.DLL

Report Id: 2d08cfd1-37f3-11e2-865f-ec9a74558b73

It could be a corrupted .WX file. Try deleting all your flight plan .WX files and see what happens.

Not to put the guys that are requesting him to delete the fs9.cfg and allowing it to rebuild DOWN, but that's useless, he said he reformatted the drive re-installed the operating system (which is a must when reformatting the drive) obviously lol and installed a fresh copy of fs9.

Here's what i would do, if you suspect your joystick may be the problem (very doubtful) then simply try using just the keyboard see if that helps

If it continues to crash then like someone above stated, you may have a hardware problem

Joystick problem??? the report says 'Faulting module path: C:\FS2004\MODULES\Weather.DLL'.

Anything related to hardware is usually appeared as DINPUT.DLL faulty

If weather is involved, have you set your weather to clear skies - no change?

Does it still crash in that case?

Bert

Is this what happens with DXT clouds and the render to texture setting unchecked? Just look if you have that unset in the display options.

Also, do you have any settings like dynamic weather enabled, which might be trying to access some data that it cannot reach?

Geoff