Sign in to follow this  
hollins.t

Real Pilots Needed!

Okay, so I do know that this post may get moved to a different section.... but I wanted to post here first as I've seen some really good things out of the PMDG forums, and have loved being a member here since the 747 release!

I'm in my senior year of High School and am required to write a 5,000 word essay on a topic of my choice to pass this class. I then also have to give a 5 minute presentation about my topic in front of the class! Being a big fan of aviation, and planning to attend K-State in Salina to obtain my Professional Pilot Degree, I chose the topic of "How to become a successful airline pilot". One of the requirements of this project is to interview an expert on the topic, and to incorporate the interview answers into the paper.

I have seen a lot of real world pilots in this forum, and I would like to see about connecting with one of them to email some questions/answers back and fourth! I'm really excited to hopefully get to ask my questions to one of you, and use you as the expert in my project. Are there any real world pilots who wouldn't mind me emailing them a couple of questions?

Thank you all very much for your time, and blue skies!

Guest ecg

With the wide range of members I am sure someone will be able to help you. But just in case, check out this website.

http://jethead.wordpress.com/category/airline-pilot-blog/

I discovered it a while ago. He may be able to help you out.

Good luck on your project.

-ed

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

With the wide range of members I am sure someone will be able to help you. But just in case, check out this website.

http://jethead.wordp...ine-pilot-blog/

I discovered it a while ago. He may be able to help you out.

Good luck on your project.

-ed

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you very much! I'll definitely use this as another source just in case. Can't be too careful when talking about finals! haha

PM'd Tory - not exactly what you're looking for, but I could probably help in some way.

http://jethead.wordp...ine-pilot-blog/

Cool site. If you look far enough down on the page (just about half way), you'll actually see a screenshot of the PMDG overhead from FS9...

Kyle Rodgers

I'm currently flying here at UND, a major aviation university. If you'd like any questions answered about that, I'm your man.

Elijah Hoyt
747ST.jpg
CFI, CFII, CMEL, CSEL, CSES, IFR

I'm currently flying here at UND, a major aviation university.

Oh the Great White North...how I don't miss it. Fi da!

Kyle Rodgers

Oh the Great White North...how I don't miss it. Fi da!

What's your experience?

Elijah Hoyt
747ST.jpg
CFI, CFII, CMEL, CSEL, CSES, IFR

I'm currently flying here at UND, a major aviation university. If you'd like any questions answered about that, I'm your man.

Haha I went there (grad 2006) but decided on ATC.. better career choice :P

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

What's your experience?

Part of my family is from Minot (Bowbells, mostly, but Minot is where we'd always meet up for reunions).

So what do you all do around here?

"Ah, we go to the cinema."

Movie theatre...what else?

"Ummmmm. Bowling? For Nye (Norwegian for New Year) we light off fireworks!"

Oh, this'll be good...a whole bunch of drunk Norwegians playing with explosives.

My great uncle owned a giant farm in Saskatchewan, and the border guards knew him by name...

"How long will you be here?"

A few hours.

"Oh, what will you be doing here in Canada?"

We're actually following the vehicle ahead of us for a holiday dinner.

"OOOOHHHHH HAROLD! Oh ya, have fun eh?"

Kyle Rodgers

Going through Embry-Riddle in AZ right now! Aeronautical Science major in the fixed-wing airline pilot track, working on commercial multi. Most of my professors are retired airline pilots, and I'd be more than happy to ask them any questions you might have.

Good to see the ole "Interview an Expert" technique is still alive and well for getting someone to answer your homework questions. I used it often, way before the internet. Keep up the good work, my young friend. There may be some hope for the future, yet.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

If you talk to aviation students, you'll probably get a lot of warm and fuzzy stories complete with unicorns and fairies.

Now if you want the real deal... the straight talk... join this group :P

http://www.addictioncareoptions.com/specialized-programs/airline-pilot-rehab