Sign in to follow this  
QF 737

RNP Approach Construction.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but aren't you going to be disconnecting the AP around the DA for the approach and not down at some sub-ILS level like what's being talked about here?

You're right. However, company FCOM states you can go down to 50 ft with A/P and A/T engaged.... IF you wanted to. So what i've basically been aiming to achieve, is, a reliable descent path between 250 ft and 50 ft. Unfortunately, I'm not going to get that (which is no problem) for whatever reason. For the record, I believe it's a nav data issue as you may have suggested.

The FMS and our navdata format does not have support for several RNP related things - RF legs, the true encoded RNP value "metadata" that's in real life navdata, and a couple other small things. These are all on the list for when we finally go and redo our navdata format to be fully ARINC 424 compliant. I have no ETA for when that will be - it's a huge undertaking for Vangelis and Alex and will require a ton of testing. That stuff is at the core of how the FMC code functions.

I recognise the fact that it would be a task and a half to implement the complexities of RNP approaches. I have no expectations.

Thanks.

Mike McKenna

The latest approval for Virgin Aust (not Virgin Group) is from CASA instrument 194/12. That instrument, supersedes Instrument CASA 430/10. So effectively, they (Virgin Aust) have had approval for some time. Whether it's used, I'm not sure.

After further reading, these instruments are not RNP AR approvals/authorisations. Apologies to Scott and all others for the misguidance.

Mike McKenna.

Mate sorry for all the replies!

we fly to say the gold coast and I'll show you a RNP approach from how we do it

Message back if your interested

What a load of BS. Only QFA, JST and ANZ conduct RNP-AR approaches into YBCG.

Yes, I wonder if our friend realises he has a serious credibility problem now.

In another thread he claimed to use the HUD in real life, and it is an open fact that Virgin 737s are not equipped with these.

A friend who is a senior check and training captain with Virgin had a look at this thread and is wondering why would anyone go through the trouble of writing so much garbage, when not one of the things he wrote about procedures is true. The clincher was offering a jump seat ride or even a flight deck visit, it is a serious no-no, a dismissible offence in Virgin, unless you go through some serious levels of approval.

If he truly is a Virgin captain, I daresay he needs a hell of a lot of refresher training! As an aside, i am told his name could not be found in the Virgin 737 crew list.

When someone does a Walter Mitty, it makes it harder for REAL pilots to post here.

Shame on him if this is the case.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hello all!

I Am sorry for my actions

My real name is drake

I have recently moved to Australia from Washington! I can tell you I am Abit of a nerd and computers are my thing especially flying with flight simulator x and the pmdg 737.

I haven't made many friends here in Australia and I am very lonely so I did think I could come onto the forum make a fakeish account with a name and try and get Abit popular helpingIng everyone with there pmdg problems, I do relies I have done the opposite and clearly my actions where foolish. I will not be using this account anymore. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience I may have coursed and it has truly thought me a lesson in lying.

I apologize happy flying.

Drake signing off

Drake,

Your apology is truly a class act and to be comended.

Avsim is a great community and you can find a lot of people who can help and befriend, no lies, appearances or experience needed, just yourself.

Don't go away from the forums, just participate, obviously you have experience in the NGX which could help others

Cheers

Well I can take a guess that you are a young fella, I would suggest not completely signing off. You had the guts to fess up, that is certainly not an easy thing to do.

I am sure you have learned a valuable lesson, that I hope you will take on board, not just here on Avsim, but in real life.

Stick around, and enjoy what Avsim has to offer.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Yes I truly have learnt a valuable lesson in this.

Confessioning is something I had to do, but I should not have lied in the first place my actions where truly pathetic! I do relise that I have had a lot of credibility loss! I will still look at the forums and intake if needed, but I PROMISE MY SELF NO LIES!

Thank you all

I am enjoying Australia just need to get a hold of all your slang

Drake

I am enjoying Australia just need to get a hold of all your slang

Good on you. I am not an Aussie though, but travel there a lot to get away from New Zealand winters. if you didn't know, the Virgin 738's are maintained in Christchurch Engineering Base (ANZ are part owners of Virgin) . Thought I would share that bit of trivia with you. :lol:

Oh yes my grand parents live over I'm Christchurch!

Yes I know I am very obsessed with the 737 with virgin ! I used to love the 777 when I was back in Washington with the pmdg!

I live very close to Brisbane airport so quite Abit I go and sit out at GA and watch the landing and takoeffs :)

Drake

Confessioning is something I had to do

Not many would do that and would just run away, as WR269 said "class act" to fess up. Make sure you hang around, there will be topics that you can contribute towards.

I commend your honesty, welcome to the forum and Australia,

Jeff

What a load of BS.

Agreed...'skool' is 'deffo' out for summer here downunder....& my popcorn bucket is nearly empty. Best bit is that 15 yr old kids still rock up & try to 'swing the lead' - must be a generational thing.

I commend your honesty

Only fessed when he knew the game was up.

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Yeah Steve, but at least he did, i believe in a fair go

Jeff