Sign in to follow this  
joolsd

Do you fly the NGX in Admin or user accounts?

Do you fly the NGX in Admin or user accounts?

Are there any issues with flying the NGX in a user account set by a PCs admin account? Or do you do you fly in the admin account?

I would appreciate your views here.

Best Regards

Julian

joolsd

Mate I fly the NGX in the Administrator account! I have never used FSX or PMDG In the other accounts!

But I can't see why it would hurt to fly the ngx in user accounts !

Jack Dutton

I have just re-installed everything. On my old install I did everything in admin, but it got very messy with FS junk. I would like to keep admin a clean as possible.

I would like to fly in a user accont, I mught give it a try, but have heard that if you don't set up the permissions right things won't work on the PMDG? You have to lower permissions for that account in admin or something like this?

Well that's the decision I have arrived at, seeing as other accounts are causing me a lot of trouble, to activate . Possibily because or the firewall, user permissions and the possibility that the NGX dosn't like being on two user accounts at once.

Maybe try and get all the stuff on your desktop form your admin count and copy it to a user account?

And then just have your admin account for FSX and the NGX

JACK

It is best to remove UAC altogether on your FSX machine. It will step around a lot of headaches for you.

* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

It is best to remove UAC altogether on your FSX machine. It will step around a lot of headaches for you.

* Orest

I'd agree with that and additionally always run anything whatsoever in FSX as Admin. Whether it has the slightest differece at all, I'm not knowledgeble enough to say, but I do know that things just seem to run smoothly (so far) for me. I also don't tweek much at all.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

User, with Administer Rights.

Flight Sim NOT installed in default windows "Program" directory.

Instead in D:\FSX

( I suspect with FSX installed in D:\FSX, I could run just as well as a user without Admin Rights .. but not tried it. )

Never has any issues with this configuration.

It is best to remove UAC altogether

This is convenient, but is it safe? I guess UAC is there to stop the PC doing harm to itsself?

This is convenient, but is it safe? I guess UAC is there to stop the PC doing harm to itsself?

If the only program giving issues is FSX (P3D), then it might be considered to be a better choice to select a solution that addresses FSX (P3D), and not every other program on your PC.

UAC is there for a reason, and turning it off should only be a last resort.

I therefore maintain, that since most FSX permissions issues are caused by having FSX in the protected "Program files" folder, a better solution is to install FSX outside of that protected area.

ie in C:\FSX (for example)

Doing so, allows other program to still run with Windows UAC Protection, and means you do not have to turn off UAC for your system.

a better solution is to install FSX outside of that protected area.

ie in C:\FSX (for example)

I wish I knew this a week ago. I have just installed everything on C: by default. :P

By the why the activation problem was actully me forgetting that I had the 600/700s and this uses a different activation code. So I retract 'Activation' being a permissions problem.

When you re-install things once in two years, you do forget how to install stuff, with all the little quirks that FSX and its related software has.

FSX was created before UAC and all the account stuff present in Vista/7/8 existed. For that reason, yeah install outside of Program Files or Program Files (x86) and always run under an admin account. Running it in a limited user account causes problems that can't really be solved because FSX isn't programmed to do things "correctly" as far as registry/appdata virtualization and all the stuff that happens when you try to run under a limited account.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com