Sign in to follow this  
fautleyj

Flickering Scenery

Hi Folks. Does anybody know why the lines on the airport apron (see image), flicker/shimmer? Is there something I can do to stop this, so they are just lines and not flickering?

Thanks

John

It's probably some files that don't have MipMaps. Read the pinned topic at the top of the forum entitled "Huge Increase in FPS".... You will have to scroll through a lot of posts but what you are looking for is instructions on how to add MipMaps. That will probably solve the problem

ConVimX will fix that for you as well...

;)

As Ian stated - it's all in the mipmaps...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Won't a higher AA setting fix it? Judging by the pic, it looks like the OP is using a low AA setting. I also get shimmer on low settings. Also, some systems will make things shimmer if the Mip mapping setting within FS9's display settings is too high.

Just a thought. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

If the shimmering is happening at all the airports, then Maurice is right - your Mipmap setting is probably too high (or too low). If it's at one particular airport, then it's almost certainly some textures with missing mipmaps

Sometimes a spot of shimmer makes for a good heat haze effect :cool: if flying the worlds hotspot airports.

The original posters screenshot ,looks as though it may be an addon airport scenery ,I don't have many AAs ,but I do see some of the worst shimmer at these .(even though the scenery itself will be good in all other respects.)

Andy

PS agree with others, quite often shimmering scenery (all scenery not just airports) is down to an incorrect mipmap setting within the sim itself.

A2

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077