Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

King Air B200 punch list

As soon as I can devote time to it plan to add this Carenado King Air B200 fo my fleet. I have sifted through this B200 forum and assembled a list of to-do's that I want to accomplish once I add it. All of these look good to me. Are there any that I have missed. Any review and feedback would be appreciated.

SP1

SP2

Are these SPs needed for a new DL from Carenado site? Also, are any of the mods listed below already incorporated into the SP1 or SP2? Ex. Mod to master warning @ high altitude and mod to landing gear extension speed?

Disable instrument reflections (looking but can’t seem to locate the thread with the permanent fix)

LinkGPS=On -> Add to the rxpgns.ini

ANDY1975 Winglets mod (always either on/off)

ANDY1975 lights modifications

BERT -> ESHI to show GPS course

Flying_bob’s mod to landing gear extension speed

Flying_bob’s mod to Master Warning @ High Altitude

Has anyone configured a mod to add hotspots for heading bug and course adjustments to the HSI like the one for the C90T? Or is this needed on the B200? The only adjustment knobs in the C90T are down on the console. I don’t have TrackIr or such, so those were a pain in the C90T before the mod.

RXP Unlimited Pack

RXP WX500

ANDY1975 retrofit (second 530 & WX500)

Panel.cfg mods to re-configure popups

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

If you buy a new copy of the B200, it should come with SPs applied.

Regarding the HSI clickspots - I've actually substituted the C90 gauges and added

the same "Controls" gauge to turn off reflections..

[Vcockpit05]

Background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=1024,1024

visible=0

pixel_size=1024,1024

texture=$Panel_5

gauge00=EX500_C90!EX500_config, 0, 0, 1, 1

gauge01=EX500_C90!EX500_3D, 0,512, 513, 411

gauge03=EFISC90!EFIS_3D, 0, 0, 512,512

gauge04=GAUGEC90EFIS!Gauge_EFIS84_EHSI, 512, 0, 512,512

gauge05=GAUGEB200!Gauge_VSI_DIGITAL, 514, 513, 320,320

gauge09=Controls!Control_Init, 0,0,1,1

Bert

I've actually substituted the C90 gauges and added

the same "Controls" gauge to turn off reflections

Did you accomplish the gauge substitutions simply by the panel.cfg mods in your post above?

The Altitude Warning and Gear Extension Speeds are the two I was wondering about with the SPs.

I guess I forgot to read the list of updates in the SPs. Have to go looking for those posts.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Did you accomplish the gauge substitutions simply by the panel.cfg mods in your post above?

Yes. But you do have to copy the Controls folder from the C90 panel folder to the B200 panel folder.

Bert

ANDY1975 lights modifications

BERT -> ESHI to show GPS course

Trying not to show my laziness (hehe) but can you link to the light mod? I see the post but not the mod. And what is the "EHSI to show GPS course" mod? This is different than the LinkGPS=On switch?

thanks guys!

Trevor Bair

CMEL+IR | PA32R-301T & C208B
My Real World Travels

I knew I should've pasted in the links, for my own reference if for nothing else. I had to hunt for these again. Dumb on my part!

Trying not to show my laziness (hehe) but can you link to the light mod? I see the post but not the mod.

http://forum.avsim.n...943-nav-lights/

A little more than halfway down the thread.

And what is the "EHSI to show GPS course" mod? This is different than the LinkGPS=On switch?

thanks guys!

If you would like the EHSI to automatically show the GPS course

(rather than manually set it), add a line to the rxpgns.ini file. in the [GNS530] section:

AutoCourse=On

Yes. Here is the link to the thread. It is a post by Bert and is about 2/3'ds of the way down.

http://forum.avsim.n...si#entry2498889

Frank Patton
ASUS