pogo1

rc4-pm- waypoint not validate.

Hello,

I am a builder Cockpit.

http://737project.com/

I use Project Magenta

I program a flight with fms.

I start RC4

Everything goes smoothly I fly with the plane of fms managing data by altitude restrictions rc4.

Sometimes rc4 does not validate the checkpoint and asked me to return to the crossing, I can not do otherwise because of rc4 says I can make a direct but does not offer me no key to press

Why?

If the waypoint is not validated to say how rc4 I want to move on?

Thank you for your answers.

Sorry for my bad English.

Pogo

If there is a communication from the controller not acknowledged by you the RC stalls and if you cross a waypoint in the plan it will not be credited to you. To proceed to the next waypoint in RC the extended menu option 9 will being up the direct waypoint option. then choose direct next waypoint. That will bring up a list of waypoints and if you need more than that list can be scrolled to select more.

It is important when proceeding direct to a waypoint that you go direct from your present position to it without returning to your original path. If you are off of your path but proceeding to the desired waypoint at the top of your legs page just LSK on the FMC the first line twice and your path will change direct to it when you EXE the change. If you put a new waypoint at the top of he legs page as chosen from RC and LSK and EXE then the path will be again from your present position to that waypoint. I am basing t his information on the Smith's type of FMC as used in Boeing aircraft.

It is important that the FMC and RC have the same waypoint list. Here's a tip sheet that covers a lot of material on that using FSBuild as a planner but others may be similar:

This document refers to Navigraph FMC and flight planner updates. A new product from Aerosoft also offers AIRAC updates for certain formats at a slightly different structured one-time or subscription terms. It is based on FSBuild 2.4 but can be used with other planners.

The document also suggests how to plan using dynamic assignments of SIDs and STARs at flight time to match the data in the FMC SID/STAR/APR database.

Regarding arrival altitude crossing restrictions at about 40 nm out from destination at 11,000 feet or FL110, or 12,000 feet or FL120 that RC will institute delay vectors if you miss them I recommend you put a 40 nm range ring around the destination airport. On a Smith's type FMC bring up the FIX page and enter the destination ICAO code and in the place/bearing/distance space enter /40 and EXE it. You'll then see the ring on your nav display. I use the descent arcs present adjusting airspeed and V/S as necessary to be sure I'll be down at the 40 nm range ring.

are you flying at 1x or 2x or 4x?

make a log, instructions pinned to the top of the forum, and i'll tell you why you missed the checkpoint

jd

Guest Wsixpo

Thank you for your answer.

We flying at 1x.

I do not know if my FMS is the Smith's type ?

We use the project magenta FMS (CDU) with FSnavigator for generate the flight plan.

We want to use FSbuild but do you know if it is compatible with the project magenta FMS ?

RC4 is installed on a PC that communicates with FS by FSUIPC (standard mode).

All the orders send to RC4 by FS.

Can you tell me if it is possible to send order and view menu directly to RC4 PC without FS ?

In the next flight, we'll make a log with RC4 for you.

Thanks for your help.

We want to use FSbuild but do you know if it is compatible with the project magenta FMS ?

I don't use FSBuild so I'm not sure. However, if you use vRoute there is an option to save the plan in Project Magenta format which you can load into the CDU. You can then load that same plan into RC4 using the instructions on this link pinned near the top of the forum. http://forum.avsim.n...ad-flight-plan/

RC4 is installed on a PC that communicates with FS by FSUIPC (standard mode).

If you are running RC4 on a separate PC to FS it will connect via WideFS, not FSUIPC.

Can you tell me if it is possible to send order and view menu directly to RC4 PC without FS ?

I think you're asking if you can see the RC4 menu on a different PC to that running FS. The answer is yes. ShowText is a free program bundled with either FSUIPC or WideFS. I can't remember which. ShowText will show the same information on a WideFS PC. But to use ShowText you must also run RC4 on the same WideFS PC. This will give you better RC4 performance and will also help FS slightly.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

It looks like the aircraft CDU/RCDU can accept FSX (XML) and FS9 flight plans. If so then FSBuild can export those formats. (I looked at the PM general manual and it noted that you need access to the flight plan folder on your FS host computer which is where FSBuild can store those formats.) I saw your post on their forum so maybe you will get a direct reply there.

I also saw a post on the FSBuild forum but it was really old that stated that FSBuild FS9 export was in FS 2002 format which can be used in FS9 as well but it excluded a couple of fields so the plan had to be passed through the FS9 planner to make it acceptable to PM.

If you like send me you e-mail address in a PM and I'll send you an FSX and FS9 plan to test via e-mail.

I notice that FSBuild also exports to FS Navigator internal format.

Here is a screenshot of the export formats in fsbuild version 2.4.17.

I should add that FSBuild 2.4 can be AIRAC updated with a navigraph.com FMC subscription or the new Aerosoft AIRAC update product.

Now that tip sheet I included while based on FSBuild can be used if FSNavigator supports the same kind of features for editing so see if those techniques are available.